Thread: modified KMZ reloading

Default modified KMZ reloading

2 of my KMZ files are including KML which refers to external FTP site for automatic update (French_Castles_&_Manors and French_Maginot_Line).

Due to FTP site problem, data have moved to another site and those KMZ have been updated in GoogleEarth. Therefore, how can users with the old KMZ be warned of that change to avoid them a huge packet of error messages when loading ?

Is there any possibility to place some kind of header warning (?) or to send all of them the new KMZ (?????)

I have posted the Update reason in the file discription, so when anyone get's an error massage and look on the file discription again, he will read this.
    You search it, I will find it!

What I often do is share only a small KML file that contains no code except a single network link that opens the real KML file stored on my server.

That way if I make any changes to the actual KML code it will automatically update for anyone that has previously downloaded it.

Matt

Unfortunately not everyone has a server to use. But that is a very good idea for those that can.
    Elfish for my true name
    Findecáno Táralóm

My mind works better in sentences with spaces and long paragraphs loose me sometimes cause I need to picture what is going on at the same time I am reading.