Thread: This is getting ridiculous!

Angry This is getting ridiculous!

I have been using GE quite intensely for at least a year now, using it to log my GPS tracks and as a reference for my photography. In the last few months, GE has started crashing on me, lately more frequently. It's gotten to the point that I'll only be in GE for 5 minutes and the ****ed thing crashes, with a polite apology for the "inconvenience"! I don't know what's going on but my "My Places" is a complete mess because I keep getting crashed out after making extensive edits and losing all the changes. I don't know what's been changed and what got saved anymore. This is really getting to be a serious drag!
    cgarland

Quote Originally Posted by cgarland@chrissyworld.com View Post
    I have been using GE quite intensely for at least a year now, using it to log my GPS tracks and as a reference for my photography. In the last few months, GE has started crashing on me, lately more frequently. It's gotten to the point that I'll only be in GE for 5 minutes and the ****ed thing crashes, with a polite apology for the "inconvenience"! I don't know what's going on but my "My Places" is a complete mess because I keep getting crashed out after making extensive edits and losing all the changes. I don't know what's been changed and what got saved anymore. This is really getting to be a serious drag!
    My Google Earth used to crash quite a bit.

But I reinstalled it and this seems to be much better now.

Default RE This is getting ridiculous!

Yeah, I'm trying that now. I've deleted GE and went to the GE page and downloaded the latest version and installed it. So far, so good....

Thanks!
    cgarland

Quote Originally Posted by cgarland@chrissyworld.com View Post
    Yeah, I'm trying that now. I've deleted GE and went to the GE page and downloaded the latest version and installed it. So far, so good....

Thanks!
    A couple of suggestions: Make sure you save your KML/KMZ files in a directory other than the Programs\Google earth directory. I lost all of mine when I did an upgrade. Next remember to delete the Programs\Google earth directory completely before reinstall.

Good Luck.
    Elfish for my true name
    Findecáno Táralóm

My mind works better in sentences with spaces and long paragraphs loose me sometimes cause I need to picture what is going on at the same time I am reading.