Thread: Shipwreck on land?? "on" Australia??

Default Shipwreck on land?? "on" Australia??

I realy don't know what it realy is, but it looks like an shipwrack, on land, in australia. And the place is kinda the only green spot around???
    Attached Files Attached Files

Looks like a poorly maintained cricket field. The "ship" would be the pitch, the size seems correct for it. And cricket is a very popular sport in Aussieland.

Stadsman

"Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen."
    -- Steven Wright

Related note - try looking for shipwrecks on land near the Aral Sea. The water there has slowly been drying up for years and massive tankers that used to be below water are now out in the middle of desert. That would be a cool find.

Quote Originally Posted by trimetrov
    Related note - try looking for shipwrecks on land near the Aral Sea. The water there has slowly been drying up for years and massive tankers that used to be below water are now out in the middle of desert. That would be a cool find.
    I tried that but couldn't find anything, the resolution is too low in that area.

Stadsman

"Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen."
    -- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Stadsman
    Looks like a poorly maintained cricket field. The "ship" would be the pitch, the size seems correct for it. And cricket is a very popular sport in Aussieland.
    I agree.. Looks like a very worn pitch to me!
    And considering where it is we would know if its a memorial to a sunken ship

EDIT: another interesting fact is the coast between Melbourne & Adelaide is known as the "Shipwreck Coast"

T.
    Last edited by araT; 08-17-2005 at 06:23 AM.