Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Server move

  1. #1
    Administrator Mickey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,462

    Default Server move

    We just moved the site to a new server this morning. Things seemed to go pretty smoothly, but there's probably a small bug here or there. If you find anything, please post in this thread and let me know.

    Thanks!
    Mickey

  2. #2
    Senior Member martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Get this error on "My Files" link from the main page

    Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/google/public_html/myfiles.php on line 53

    Edit:
    Same with "Top Submitters"

    and a problem with creating a comment on an (outdated) pic ("Half a car" on the main page):
    Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
    Last edited by martin; 11-20-2007 at 05:32 PM.

  3. #3
    Administrator Mickey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    Get this error on "My Files" link from the main page

    Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/google/public_html/myfiles.php on line 53

    Edit:
    Same with "Top Submitters"

    and a problem with creating a comment on an (outdated) pic ("Half a car" on the main page):
    Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
    The thread creation problem isn't related to the move and will still pop up from time to time. It's a work in progress.

    The other errors were all move-related and have been fixed. Please let me know if you see any others.

    Thanks!

    Mickey

  4. #4
    Senior Member martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Under "Download Google Earth":

    Click below to start your Google Earth download!

    There's nothing to click ; )

  5. #5
    Administrator Mickey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    Under "Download Google Earth":

    Click below to start your Google Earth download!

    There's nothing to click ; )
    Do you have ad-blocker running or anything? That button is provided by Google via their AdSense program.

    I can still see it...

  6. #6
    Senior Member martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Disabled Adblock and what i see then is "Google Pack"!

    Why not a simple link to earth.google.com and maybe an additional link to this "pack"?

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hyderabad, India
    Posts
    283

    Default

    My usual entry to GEH is directly to Forums page so I was not aware of the new look of GEH homepage.
    Today due to changes in my browser I had to start with GEH homepage. First I thought that I am in a wrong site. GEH has also changed the appearance and Logo.

    May be because we are tuned to old opening page but the new Homepage lacks the punch that the older version had.

    May be subjective observation.

    ============
    S^3
    Last edited by SSSALVI; 11-25-2007 at 01:33 AM.

  8. #8
    Junior Member mlc1us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2

    Default RSS feed issue

    Thumbnails no longer show up in Feedreader. I just get a red x where the image should be.

  9. #9
    Administrator Mickey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mlc1us View Post
    Thumbnails no longer show up in Feedreader. I just get a red x where the image should be.
    Oops, good call. Fixed. Thanks!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •