Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tomahawk Cruise Missle Flying

Exclamation Tomahawk Cruise Missle Flying

Tomahawk Cruise Missle Flying

38 13' 35.81"N, 112 17' 56.61"W

This has been discussed to death already. It's not a cruise missile. It's an airplane

Quote Originally Posted by Forkboy2 View Post
    This has been discussed to death already. It's not a cruise missile. It's an airplane
    Nup. Get the airplane type then. ?

EDIT: What airplane flys at 2000m ?

I think the consensus was that it's a CRJ-200 or 700 or MD-80. Look closely and you can see cockpit window and wings.

Also, there is no way to determine altitude, so not sure where you came up with the 2,000 meters.

Matt

Red face

I think the consensus was that it's a CRJ-200 or 700 or MD-80. Look closely and you can see cockpit window and wings.

Also, there is no way to determine altitude, so not sure where you came up with the 2,000 meters.

Matt
    At says the altitude when your viewing on Google Earth Maybe thats the height of something else.

Quote Originally Posted by -iR View Post
    At says the altitude when your viewing on Google Earth Maybe thats the height of something else.
    That's the current height of the camera above the surface off the planet, however, as the image that you're looking at is laid on the ground, it wouldn't give you a clue to the height of the Aircraft.

And the dimensions of the plane match the Bombardier CRJ200 Almost Exactly.
    Check out the Only Google Earth Wiki on the internet.

Google Earth Wiki

Have a look at my EarthSwoop Collections

Using the measuring tool in Google Earth gives dimensions a little closer to CRJ-700.

Take a look at attached placemark which is a CRJ700 at Phoenix. Almost certainly the exact same aircraft type and airline as the "cruise missile".

Matt
    Attached Files Attached Files

Exclamation

Using the measuring tool in Google Earth gives dimensions a little closer to CRJ-700.

Take a look at attached placemark which is a CRJ700 at Phoenix. Almost certainly the exact same aircraft type and airline as the "cruise missile".

Matt
    I looked at the placemark and they look similar but they are definetly different. Maybe its not a cruise missle but its certantly not a CRJ700.
    I measured the wing span and the length, the ratio is too different for it to be a commercial aeroplane.

Super Moderator Captain Hornblower's Avatar

I measured the wing span and the length, the ratio is too different for it to be a commercial aeroplane.
    CRJ 100/200:
    Length: 26,77 m
    Span: 21,23 m

and this is a commercial aircraft.

Software is like entropy. It is difficult to grasp, weighs nothing, and obeys the second law of thermodynamics; i.e., it always increases.
    Norman R. Augustine

I looked at the placemark and they look similar but they are definetly different. Maybe its not a cruise missle but its certantly not a CRJ700.
    At this point I'm not sure anything will convince you, but here's my last attempt.

Stats for CRJ700 - Wing span 23.01m (75ft 6in), length 32.41m (106ft 4in)

Look at these screenshots and you'll see that they match exactly with the object in Google Earth.

It isn't a Tomahawk Missle, You can see that the wings are painted Black(or Dark Brown)(as Highlighted in this picture)

Plus a Tomahawk isn't a big as this is, it's:

5.56 meters long

6.25 meters long with Booster Rocket

Wingspan: 2.67

Plus, A Tomahawk Missle has one propulsion unit, The contrail behind this reveals it has two jets.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by GEH4EVR; 01-01-2008 at 07:18 PM.
    Check out the Only Google Earth Wiki on the internet.

Google Earth Wiki

Have a look at my EarthSwoop Collections

ForkBoy

Your wing are way to long... I dont see any wings where your measuring too.

Super Moderator

-IR.

have to resign your theory. Forkboy and GEH4EVR are right, It IS an aircraft and Forkboys measuring is correct.

A tomahawk missile hase straight wings and not angled ones like in the immage, and has only one engine so it would have one contrail and not two as on the image as allready mentioned.

I guess everyone can see the wings in their images. Only if you are a hardliner in what you think you see. We all have it that way.

Here is a photo of a tomahawk missile. It looks VERY diferent than the image on GE.

ForkBoy

Your wing are way to long... I dont see any wings where your measuring too.
    They are hard to see and not much more than a black blur, but they are definitely visible. If you look real hard you can even see a faint black blur of the tail wing at the back of the aircraft.

Matt