Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Google Earth data released!

Default the world is not enough

as long as Cologne/Germany is not in hi res, it's not a real update. ;-)

But all joking aside: I understand that this is a US product, but hey, it's called Google earth, not google US. In my opinion there's too much focus on the USA (even if I like to watch all the places I visited in North America). There are only a very few spots in Africa or in South America with high resolution.

@Mickey: is it because the authorisation from other countries is more complicated? Do you know anything about it? I think that hi res exists for every single inch of this planet...

Quote Originally Posted by jericho.one
    There are only a very few spots in Africa or in South America with high resolution.

@Mickey: is it because the authorisation from other countries is more complicated? Do you know anything about it? I think that hi res exists for every single inch of this planet...
    Wild guess here, but I would imagine that there are more satellites taking more photos of the USA than other areas of the world. Since Google has to pay for the images, when they have a choice between multiple satellite owners, they can strike a better deal. Just a guess, hopefully someone who knows for sure will chime in here.

Sorry Guys, where can i download the new database ? Can┤t find any link here
    Thx

Quote Originally Posted by FCH
    When you use Google Earth, a new database is on Google's servers and the new data is displayed. The end user doesn't need to do anything at all to see the new imagery.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by FCH
    Thx
    its not a database to download. when you use GOOGLE EARTH (thats a programm to download) and fly to the cities mentioned as "new data released" you see the new high-res pictures of them! As
    Steeefan already wrote: "Once you zoom in on a city listed above you will see the new stuff"

greetings, friesede :-)

BTW, is there a way i can report misaligned images or is it useless?
    A great part of northern germany is offset by about 6km.

A thought on why more imagery is updated in the U.S. than anywhere else:

A lot of the really hi-res imagery is not satellite at all, but aerial. And while it could happen in the future, aerial/satellite photography is not taken just for updating Google Earth - it's for state & local government to use for urban planning, real estate development, homeland security, and so on.

Since the imagery is captured by a company looking to make money, they are free to sell it to Google after the license expires, or the image is declassified, etc. Space Imaging may have 1- or 3-m resolution for a lot of the world, while "Surveying Company X" can fly 0.5m res photography, but fly aerial and may be limited geographically.

Just wanted to make this point, since I see a lot of posts referring to Google Earth imagery as though Google itself is responsible for the photos, their updating, their quality, where the imagery is flown...

... and I really can not understand why it is not possible to have a close look at the German region called 'Ruhrgebiet'. I can not imagine why the guys of google thought that it makes sence to take high res. photos of cities or regoins of Germany where at least 50 people live. For insatance Cologne, Essen and Dortmund are one of the most important and known cities in Germany.
    But I hope that we will have high res. photos of this cities soon!

Same for the second biggest city in France, Lyon.
    The most incredible thing is that Lyon is low def, while the close countryside just on the left (east) is high definition ! Just like 'woops, we missed Lyon, it was 2░ on the left'

Default Really simple lol...

Report to Google Earth in the website. About new citys, better resolutions or emm... wait... misaligned images in Germany or others countrys. Cya all!

Snaky.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevelol
    Same for the second biggest city in France, Lyon.
    The most incredible thing is that Lyon is low def, while the close countryside just on the left (east) is high definition ! Just like 'woops, we missed Lyon, it was 2░ on the left'
    this is true
    lyon is the French capital of soccer and because of the guy who drives the satelite
    I cannot see the stage of gerland
    but the programe google earth is imposing

has soon

jack