Thread: Can't seem to get correct spot marked

Default Can't seem to get correct spot marked

Hi,

I found this great app thanks to Mean Dean's Heal Your Church web site. This is great and just what I've been looking for in my work on church web sites.

Problem is that the first church I am trying this out on can't seem to get a correct spot on the map.

It is Hopewell Presbyterian in Florence, SC, and it is approximately halfway between this - http://www.gearthhacks.com/yourmap/demo.php?map=1135 and this - http://www.gearthhacks.com/yourmap/demo.php?map=1138

The church is on the lower (left) side of the roar and their church cemetery directly across the street from it.

Is there some way to 'fine tune' the location to get it to actually mark the church?

Thanks,
    Paul

Try using this tool:
    http://www.gorissen.info/Pierre/maps...Locationv3.php

Using the map in the top left, zoom out a bit, move to the US, then start zooming in. When you get in real close, click on the exact location that you want and the lat/lon will appear in the "Coordinates" area on the right side of the screen. Plug those numbers into the YourMap script and you should be all set.

Let me know if that helps.

Thank you!

That worked out perfectly, as seen here:
    http://hopewellpresbyterianchurch.com/location/
    --
    Grace and Peace,
    Paul

"Here is a test to see if your mission in life is finished: if you're still alive, it's not" Ś A.W. Tozer

Great! I'm glad it worked.

Off topic, but "Flash McDirt" has to be one of the coolest user names I've seen in the entire internet

Quote Originally Posted by Appletom View Post
    Off topic, but "Flash McDirt" has to be one of the coolest user names I've seen in the entire internet
    Thanks! I'm a Motorsports photographer and 99% of the events I cover are dirt tracks, hence the birth of my alter-ego, Flash McDirt
    --
    Grace and Peace,
    Paul

"Here is a test to see if your mission in life is finished: if you're still alive, it's not" Ś A.W. Tozer

OK...What am I doing wrong?

Using the Google Maps Latitude, Longitude Popup, and Lat: 36.390701 Lon: -84.425989, my house as verified by me, when clicking on the "Satellite Tab" on the Google Maps Latitude, Longitude Popup. When you click on the "Hybrid Tab" you can see that the streets don't line up. Can someone help me on this because I have been trying to give directions using both GE and Google Maps to get my exact location, even tried using a GPS to get exact coordinates then punch those into Google Maps and GE and just can't get them to come together. Any help would be appreciated. E. Ray Austin

you'll find that there are several streets that want line up in the satellite shots. Where I live they don't line up exactly. There's not much that can be done about it. About the only thing you can do is create your own balloon icon to locate you exact spot.

Default Thanks

Thanks for your reply - I almost knew what the answer was going to be before I asked, but I was "hoping" for another answer. Thanks for getting back to me.