Thread: New feature - default zoom level

Hybrid View

Default New feature - default zoom level

When creating your map, you can now choose your own default zoom level (the amount it will be zoomed in when someone first visits your site).

Some of you wanted it closer and some wanted it further out, so this should work well for everyone.

Thanks, that's much better.

Default Changing Default Zoom once YourMap Created

Is there a means to change the defined zoom once the YourMap has been created?

I suppose along those lines is there any way to change the default position once the YourMap has been created?

Quote Originally Posted by GeoCut View Post
    Is there a means to change the defined zoom once the YourMap has been created?

I suppose along those lines is there any way to change the default position once the YourMap has been created?
    Not right now, no. It's in the works.

For now, just create another one. It takes about 30 seconds to do it again, so I didn't figure it was a big deal.

I hope to have an editing feature working in the next day or two.

Thank you Mickey. I have seen how it is possible to edit the HTML source to change the height and width but it seems that a lot of information is wrapped up in the map number.

I imagine the edit feature would either change the parameters assigned the map number (which would require interaction with your mapiframe set-up) or maybe a redefinition of zoom, location, balloon, etc. variables in the html code (which would require a new map to be created on the user's part.

Thank you for your attention and I eagerly await your editing feature.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoCut View Post
    but it seems that a lot of information is wrapped up in the map number.
    Correct -- virtually everything is wrapped up in the map number. Even the height/width are somewhat tied into it. My experience has been to show the map inside the iframe at about 10 pixels smaller on both height/width, to avoid losing any of the edges in various browsers. As a result, the height/width of the iframe itself (the code you can edit) needs to be in tune with the height/width of the data filling the frame.

I imagine the edit feature would either change the parameters assigned the map number (which would require interaction with your mapiframe set-up)
    Correct -- that is how it will work.

I'll give you hint -- make sure you're logged into our site when you create your map. A few days ago I had it start capturing that information whenever a map was created. Any maps tied to your userid will become available for editing once I finish building that feature.