Thread: Problems loading map

Hybrid View

Default Problems loading map

I don't get imagery at any zoom level. I did it for the demo site and also for my house and for my house I know that Google Maps has it down to lowest zoom level. I think something is broken.

I wonder which version of Google Maps is being used because the version I use directly should have on the map Street View, Map, Satellite, and Terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by rhackenb View Post
    I don't get imagery at any zoom level. I did it for the demo site and also for my house and for my house I know that Google Maps has it down to lowest zoom level. I think something is broken.

I wonder which version of Google Maps is being used because the version I use directly should have on the map Street View, Map, Satellite, and Terrain.
    Interesting. I've not seen that problem before. Regardless of the version used, the imagery should be the same. Can you post a link the map in question?

Either click on this link

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...551,-85.975239

or put this address in maps.google.com:

19214 Roudebush Blvd., Noblesville, IN

-- rhackenb

I looked it up in our database and found your "YourMap":

http://www.gearthhacks.com/yourmap/demo.php?map=376

It looks fine to me -- great photos all the way down to the highest zoom. Is that the one that's not working right for you?

I'm not sure what has happened to my machine. Now I don't get satellite imagery for even my house. I get it for map and terrain but not for satellite. This has happened since I started playing this app. When I initially clicked on the demo map, I didn't get imagery. Then I entered my house and I did get it. Now I don't even get imagery for the whole US.

Actually, I saw this happen several months ago. I was helping a friend on his computer and we couldn't get imagery using his account on the local computer. Then we went into his wife's account and we could get it. I can't explain how this can happen. I have changed nothing on my machine in the past hour except turn cookies on.

I am using an ubuntu linux box with Firefox. Let me reboot the machine with an older version of ubuntu and maybe with a windows ME boot. I almost wonder if I set up a second account for myself on this machine, it may all come back. That would tell me that Firefox has been screwed up.

I have an Ubuntu box at home I can try (gOS -- good stuff for an old machine), though I imagine it works on there. It's probably some hiccup in Firefox, and I have no clue what it could be. If I find something out, I'll let you know.