Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nibiru .. ?

Default Nibiru .. ?

hello everyone..
    this is my 1st post

heard about Nibiru? the 10th planet of our solar system,

i heard that in antarctica in the southern southern point, someone took a picture of the Brown dwarf,

could anyone tell me.. is this it ?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Super Moderator Captain Hornblower's Avatar

Since August 24th 2006, our solar system exists of 8 planets. Pluto was taken off the list and is now a dwarf planet.

If I read the wikipedia article, I doubt that this is a planet...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothe...-scientific%29

Software is like entropy. It is difficult to grasp, weighs nothing, and obeys the second law of thermodynamics; i.e., it always increases.
    Norman R. Augustine

hahoy captain

since the 80's nasa watching a red spot that coming closer and closer...
    the reason they found it, is that they noticed like many before them that something causing a small deviations in Uranus and saturn solar path, aswell on some other planets.
    this lead to searching for another planet in our solar system, that eventually lead to find pluto. but, right after a few calculations, they came with the conclusion that Pluto is just too small too cause this deviations in a much larger planet then pluto...

so they found this red blure(1980's) somewhere in deep space, bealived to be big enough to pull planets size objects...
    now(2000's) nasa came to the conclusion that this red blure (not so much of a red blure these days) is acctually a brown dwarf (a weak sun) with some moons, making a very large elliptic orbit around our sun...
    one solar year = 3600 earth years
    could this be the twelve solar system object that all the ancient cultures talked about ?

i heard that it can be watch now in the soutern point on earth, and by 2011 it will be viewed by all of us.

is my attach file (nibiru) is watched from antarctica?
    i'm not so fimiliar with google sky...
    tnx
    Last edited by calmblast; 02-02-2008 at 03:46 PM.

Super Moderator Captain Hornblower's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by calmblast View Post
    is my attach file (nibiru) is watched from antarctica?

Software is like entropy. It is difficult to grasp, weighs nothing, and obeys the second law of thermodynamics; i.e., it always increases.
    Norman R. Augustine

nasa came to the conclusion that this red blure (not so much of a red blure these days) is acctually a brown dwarf (a weak sun) with some moons,
    NASA have come to no such conclusion, their official response is ...

Nibiru is a hoax. There is no such planet. The are a lot of hoaxes on the Internet, but this one is especially strange, because there is no evidence whatever for its existence, and past predictions about it hitting the Earth several years ago were obviously wrong.

Pluto is being pulled gravitationally by everything in the universe, with the Sun, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune dominating. There is nothing strange about its orbit, and no evidence of any massive objects orbiting the Sun beyond Pluto: no undiscovered planets, nearby stars, or brown dwarfs. I donĺt know where you have heard such rumors, but probably not from any reputable science source.

Question:
    Is there a planet Nibiru that will pretty much destroy earth in 2012? I watched a video about it last night and I freaked out so bad i was shaking and crying. Is our world coming to an end in 2012? If so... why cant we just blow the thing up and call it a day?

Answer:
    I am really sorry that these crazy Nibiru claims have upset you. I don't want to keep answering these questions about Nibiru, but let me say once more as clearly as I can, for you and the other questioners: Nibiru does not exist. NASA has never discovered or detected Nibiru or anything remotely like it. The handful of dwarf planets that astronomers have discovered beyond Neptune are on stable orbits that will never come into the inner solar system, let alone threaten Earth. Nothing will happen in 2012. Nibiru is simply a fake, a hoax, the result of a small religious cult that is unfortunately scaring lots of people with totally false stories.

David Morrison
    NAI Senior Scientist
    31 January 2008

Question:
    How can you call Nibiru a hoax when your own IRAS detected it and you issued a press release in 1982 which made it to 8 major newspapers?

Answer:
    I'm afraid you have fallen for a classic hoax. When looking into this sort of thing, you need to read past the first paragraph, since new data are always coming along in science. There is a good discussion from Caltech to be found at http://spider.ipac.caltech.edu/staff...lanet_yet.html. Briefly, IRAS (the first infrared survey satellite, which flew more than 20 years ago) cataloged 250,000 sources in the Point Source Catalog, supplemented by an additional 100,000 in the Faint Source Catalog, and initially many of these sources were unidentified (which was the point, of course, of making such a survey). All of these observations have been followed up by subsequent studies with more powerful instruments both on the ground and in space. The rumor about a "tenth planet" erupted in 1984 after a scientific paper was published in Astrophysical Journal Letters titled "Unidentified point sources in the IRAS minisurvey", which discussed several infrared sources with "no counterparts". But these "mystery objects" found to be distant galaxies except one which was a wisp of "infrared cirrus" (as published in 1987). No IRAS source has ever turned out to be planet. Needless to add, the "Nibiru" promoters never follow up with the later identifications of these "mystery sources". Another good discussion of this whole issue is to be found on Phil Plait's website at http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/misc...ence.html#iras. The bottom line is that Nibiru is a myth, with no basis whatever in fact. To an astronomer, persistent claims about a planet that is "nearby" but "invisible" are just plain silly.

David Morrison
    NAI Senior Scientist
    22 January 2008

What if the world were going to end by an out of control planet on a direct course to the earth? What if the government hid this fact from the population and started a war as a front to funnel trillions of dollars into a massive black ops operation to save the world. What if the program was headquartered far beneath the earth in the Nevada desert under the guise of a nuclear waste disposal facility, but whose real objective was to save enough humans and animal species to repopulate the earth after anticipated devastation that will happen......if the Earth is to survive at all....

You're travelling through another dimension. A dimension, not only of sign and sound, but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. Next stop, The Twilight Zone........

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    NASA have come to no such conclusion, their official response is ...
    hi billybob
    thanx for your response.

from this interview, looks like nasa well know this issue.

who is asking the questions?
    from where this interview take from?
    its your interview? you a repoter?

also.. i wonder, what can happand to the world if an official source would
    report something like that for real... ?

after reading the interview..
    i still thinking,
    if its was 100% true for you (theoreticly speaking) the currently right thing for you to do is keeping it silent.
    this interview shows nasa surley investigate about it and well know
    what to say to curious people.

David Morrison is a senior scientist at NASA, and those quotes were from the official NASA web site.

You really shouldn't be posting this rubbish on a serious site, find yourself a conspiracy theory site, used by people like you, and tell them all about it.

These were YOUR words ..."nasa came to the conclusion that this red blure ... is acctually a brown dwarf"

You haven't commented on the fact that NASA has NOT come to that conclusion, and you then contradict yourself by claiming they are keeping it secret .... you can't have it both ways.

hello everyone..
    this is my 1st post

heard about Nibiru? the 10th planet of our solar system,

i heard that in antarctica in the southern southern point, someone took a picture of the Brown dwarf,

could anyone tell me.. is this it ?
    There is no such thing as a planet named Nibiru it's just a hoax!
    It's no more realler then the easter bunny or tooth fairy!
    There's alot of sick minded who will do anything for money and attention!

hi billybob
    thanx for your response.

i still thinking,
    if its was 100% true for you (theoreticly speaking) the currently right thing for you to do is keeping it silent.
    Sound's like you have nothing better in life to do!

hi billybob
    thanx for your response.

i still thinking,
    they did warn us about globel warming and other things so,NO they aren't hiding anything! So get your head out of your derranged little mind and come back to reality! You're just boring trouble!

ok, here are the coordinates by the way.

open google earth, switch to universe view, enter this:

-6.01931, -91.5903

theres a black spot. not sure if its the same, it doesnt look like the same , but its a black spot..

a guy gave me those coordinates and thought it would get banned after several hours.. we'll see

Default i heard this was it

i've seen the black box...

however I found this, if it doesn't take you to infrared view right away click on that and you will see.

http://www.google.com/sky/#latitude=...de=3&mI=1&oI=1

Quote Originally Posted by tellahoohooo View Post
    i've seen the black box...

however I found this, if it doesn't take you to infrared view right away click on that and you will see.

http://www.google.com/sky/#latitude=...de=3&mI=1&oI=1
    excellent find!