Thread: Plane in flight - Denied

Exclamation Plane in flight - Denied

Hi there

I'm new to GoogleEarthHacks. I listed a plane coming in to land at George Bush International Airport in Houston TX. The listing was denied.

I would like to know why it was denied. Please have a look at the shadow of the plane approx. 150 meters NNW. If you look further West approx. 1000 meters you will see the runway that it is landing on.

The position is 29░59'35.66"N 95░18'49.46"W

Thanks
    E

It's already in the file database: http://www.gearthhacks.com/dlfile287...pproach-GW.htm

Use this to find files in the database..
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾Ľ̃̾)۶

Hi SpiderX22

Thanks for the reply. The message that I got said that the plane was not landing.

Just another question - Should all images displayed on the website not have North at the top. It would make it a lot easier to spot any objects already listed?

The image of the plane that's been listed on the website has South at the top and North at the bottom???

Thanks
    E

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie_A View Post
    Hi SpiderX22
    Thanks for the reply. The message that I got said that the plane was not landing.
    Weird, strange reason to deny the file. If the mod who denied this file, please step up? It was probably just a mistake..

Just another question - Should all images displayed on the website not have North at the top. It would make it a lot easier to spot any objects already
    It really doesn't matter. The thumbnail picture can be oriented any way, we moderators take the thumbnail pictures. Even if you're placemark is oriented North, we might change the orientation around (or zoom in or out) to make the placemarked object look clearer. You can "Snapshot View" you're placemark however:it locks the orientation of the file in one spot and when the file actually opens in GE for someone, it'll open in the position you snapshoted it in.
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾Ľ̃̾)۶

Thanks SpiderX22

Super Moderator

I guess it was the computer on my job that messed up.
    I guess it didn't copy Spiders file into the denial reason as we normaly do. Instead something I wrote to a friend that I copied and moved to another place came to your file.

One of my collegues also wrote in our care system and this copying did also go wrong.

Sorry for that.

Now I don't use that computer anymore for that. That's for sure.
    Last edited by sladys; 02-08-2008 at 12:28 PM.