Thread: Zones

Default Zones

One of the problems with building a game like this in Google Earth is knowing what kind of surface you're on. It would be silly to have a wolf attack you in the ocean, or encounter a shark in Nebraska. I've solved this (and some other issues) with "zones".

A zone is a large area on the earth (the first one covers about five states in the southeast US). Each zone:

- Has a "level" to determine the difficulty.
    - Is auto-populated with enemies of that difficulty level and zone type (land/water).
    - Has a central city.

I think I might make it where you need to defeat a boss in the central city of each zone. Doing so earns you a prize (a crystal or something). Eventually, you want to defeat the bosses in every zone.

Thoughts?

I actually really like this idea. At the same time, can you make "secret zones?" Or hide bosses within that zone?

Also, for the water creatures, I suggest some water that's higher resolution, not just empty, low-resolution ocean. The canals (Suez, Kiel, Panama) are good, as are major rivers (Nile, Amazon, etc)..
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾Ľ̃̾)۶

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderX22 View Post
    I actually really like this idea. At the same time, can you make "secret zones?" Or hide bosses within that zone?
    Possibly. It's on my list.

Also, for the water creatures, I suggest some water that's higher resolution, not just empty, low-resolution ocean. The canals (Suez, Kiel, Panama) are good, as are major rivers (Nile, Amazon, etc)..
    Good call.