Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boss battles function

Default Boss battles function

Boss battles work. Here is the general idea:

- There are "zones" throughout the world, as discussed before.
    - Each zone has one city in it.
    - This city has a boss and holds a crystal.
    - Defeat the boss, earn the crystal.

Bosses are slightly stronger (in terms of attack) than most enemies in the area, with a lot more HP. Like with other enemies, you cannot visit a shop or move during a battle. Unlike other enemies, running is not an option. Once you start fighting a boss, you kill them or they kill you -- no other way out.

Most monsters on the board only have a single instance. If I kill it, then no one else can. However, bosses/crystals are individual for each player. The HP you take from the boss is specific to you.

Each boss can only be defeated once. Once defeated, the city changes from a square to a star to indicate that you've taken the crystal from there.

Once all of the crystals have been earned, then there'll be some huge boss somewhere or something...

Question

How do you figure out if your even close to being able to take out a boss, are they all the same level???

Quote Originally Posted by arnie1066 View Post
    How do you figure out if your even close to being able to take out a boss, are they all the same level???
    You mean before the battle? Here is a list of the bosses:

http://www.gearthhacks.com/gemmo/list_cities.php

Talking

Thanks, i was looking for a Bosses list ooops

Here's an idea for the crystals. Make them like the Dragon Balls. Once you collect them all, you get to make a "wish" (say for some awesome ability or magical weapon [selected from a list]), then all the crystals scatter.

Actually, they would return to their original cities and resurrect their bosses, making them far more powerful and angry than before.
    Also, as the number of cities grows, one may only need to collect all the crystals from a single level or continent, to get a level or area appropriate award.

Fire Away!

~ Ruskets

That's a pretty cool idea.

I should also point out that adding new cities/bosses is pretty easy thing to do. Right now it only goes to level four, but there's no reason we can't throw in a level 5, 6, etc.

Good, as long as their are more levels being added then no one will run out of bosses to fight. Unfortunately that makes it impossible to reach the only objective in the game (all the crystals). But this will all be fine, if their are rewards for capturing all the crystals of each level. How about an extra HP per hour for each level completed?

~ Ruskets

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    That's a pretty cool idea.

I should also point out that adding new cities/bosses is pretty easy thing to do. Right now it only goes to level four, but there's no reason we can't throw in a level 5, 6, etc.
    I like the 1-4 layout, but with maybe cities that only appear after you have collected all crystals and gained your extra power. At which point each crystal bonds with another to form a more powerful City defender that escapes to a NEW city.

This could continue. so for instance, if you start with 20 crystals once you've collected them you start again with 10 to find, then 6, then 3, then One last potent beast to regain the World. (at which point GEMMO II: "Race to the Stars" will be ready, based on the 'Sky' Version of GE )
    ??
    Last edited by arnie1066; 03-06-2008 at 07:34 PM.

Default Are boss battles down?

I've tried to do the last three but, I get a message that I am in another battle, even though I am not. I was able to do another (non boss) battle, just to make sure it would allow me.

Default It's working

As an Elf with a limit of 103hp, I cannot beat the level 4 bosses - has anybody else done so? Eventually I get a 105 hit and it wipes me out, since I can only carry 103. If the +/-25% calculation holds, they can strike up to 115hp so, I guess I have to wait til then to beat the level 4's.

As I think about this, there was little benefit to being an Elf. I never use magic as the Silver Sword is as or more valuable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by araffle View Post
    I've tried to do the last three but, I get a message that I am in another battle, even though I am not. I was able to do another (non boss) battle, just to make sure it would allow me.
    That's odd. While this was occuring, did you refresh the battle link to see what it said? The only way it thinks you're in a battle is if something is going on in there.

As an Elf with a limit of 103hp, I cannot beat the level 4 bosses - has anybody else done so? Eventually I get a 105 hit and it wipes me out, since I can only carry 103. If the +/-25% calculation holds, they can strike up to 115hp so, I guess I have to wait til then to beat the level 4's.
    If you get to 110 or so, there's a chance you'd beat them if you could kill them quick enough.

As I think about this, there was little benefit to being an Elf. I never use magic as the Silver Sword is as or more valuable to me.
    That's a good point. What could we do to make Elves more desirable?

What could we do to make Elves more desirable
    Maybe some sort of money bonus? Like: "elves are especially good traders, and so are able to get a discount at stores"

Just an idea.
    Check out the Only Google Earth Wiki on the internet.

Google Earth Wiki

Have a look at my EarthSwoop Collections

Yea but money is so useless. I'm sitting on a huge pot of gold and cant spend it on anything.
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾Ľ̃̾)۶

Some valuable "hybrid" tool that is available to them alone ( a "magical hammer"???) or access to stronger weapons (Diamond sword) or something else.

Am I the only Elf who uses absolutely ZERO magic? I am level 12 (I think) and I probably haven;t used magic since level 2 - when I figured out that there was not added value to spells over swords.

Back to your point about "killing them quickly" (bosses), can an Elf really do this? I am limited to the Silver Sword which will take me at least 15-20 shots at a boss with 640hp (20 shots at 32). Am I missing a way of doing this more quickly???

Some valuable "hybrid" tool that is available to them alone ( a "magical hammer"???) or access to stronger weapons (Diamond sword) or something else.

Am I the only Elf who uses absolutely ZERO magic? I am level 12 (I think) and I probably haven;t used magic since level 2 - when I figured out that there was not added value to spells over swords.

Back to your point about "killing them quickly" (bosses), can an Elf really do this? I am limited to the Silver Sword which will take me at least 15-20 shots at a boss with 640hp (20 shots at 32). Am I missing a way of doing this more quickly???
    I'm an Elf, and currently have a Steel Sword and a Ice2 spell. I use the Spell first, but at my level i have 11 mana, which means i can only use the spell 3 time and its pay for mana or wait, so i spend most of my time with the sword.
    GEMMO