View Poll Results: Can you see and use the download link of Google Earth program from Google Earth Hacks

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 40.00%
  • No

3 60.00%

Thread: Download Google Earth??

Default Download Google Earth??

Hi

I just wanted to introduce a person to Google Earth and I then recommended http://www.gearthhacks.com

Told to press on the '1. Download Google Earth.' on the Homepage. You then come to a sub-page recommending Google Pack and referring to forum.

Then it says 'Click below to start your Google Earth download!'

When I click the link below called 'Rune Exposed Secrets To Levelling Up at Break Neck speed'
    I am being sent to http://www.runescapestrategies.com/?...FQ6hQwodeGq9Cw
    !!!!!!!

IS THIS A SPECIAL GOOGLE HACK???? Or hacked!?

Will recommend http://earth.google.com from now on...

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by T.Dooley View Post
    When I click the link below called 'Rune Exposed Secrets To Levelling Up at Break Neck speed' I am being sent to
    I just tried it in three different browsers, in all cases the link takes me to the right place.

Hi Appletom

Before my initally post I tested it on both IE and Firefox browsers on two machines.

Everywhere I see a picture like the attached. I dont get what to 'click below' beyond the add.

Does your browser(s) show different? If so it's of course my setup that suffer an error.

Tom
    Last edited by T.Dooley; 03-19-2009 at 08:17 AM.

It looks like you are running the NoScript add on for Firefox, I believe it is available for IE too. Take a look at my screen shot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I believe Tom the link you're seeing is one of the ads to provide Mickey enough revenue to keep the site going. However, I'll suggest to him to delete all ads on that page...
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾Ľ̃̾)۶

AdBlock Plus plugin also blocks the download link. Probably because the download link is actually an ad (for Google Pack) and not download link for Google Earth.

I don't think anyone has problem with ads on this site, but I can see the confusion when it doesn't work for anyone with ad/script blocking enabled.

Maybe simply adding a regular URL below the regular linked image would help.

Matt

Hi

I have (had) a flashblock add-on enabled. Even with all add-on's disabled, in safe-mode and in the end a re-installation of firefox did'nt show the download link.

In IE (newest, with all patches) no add-on's, only standard plugins like java, flash i.e. also no download box is shown. Took a download of Opera, another browser, and did a clean install, still no box.

I have no problem in finding Google Earth, nor the site or the program, but as Matt suggest, a simple html link could be an idea. I guess non of us have any interrest in preventing new users getting the GE software.

So now after 24 hour, I have tried it in 3 (IE,FF,OP) browsers on one system, 2 on another system on the same network/inhouse. IE and FF on linux on another site, and IE and FF on a third completely isolated site. I accept it could be something local, but if GEH want's to promote the basis of it's own existense in a fair manner consider a not completely overloaded and most general interface. As mentioned I dont care, I'll find those things in other and easier ways.

Tom
    Last edited by T.Dooley; 02-13-2008 at 05:35 PM.

Super Moderator Captain Hornblower's Avatar

Two ideas:

1. The ad-blocker can't be disabled for 100%.
    2. The problem is caused by Java. The button itself is no big deal, but includes some Java script.

Software is like entropy. It is difficult to grasp, weighs nothing, and obeys the second law of thermodynamics; i.e., it always increases.
    Norman R. Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hornblower View Post
    Two ideas:[*]The ad-blocker can't be disabled for 100%.
    As mentioned above I have tested 9 browsers on 2 operating systems on 4 independent networks. 7 without any kind of ad-blocker. One installation a completely fresh one, done by myself, from format harddrive to system running. NO add-on's installed...

Two ideas:[*]The problem is caused by Java. The button itself is no big deal, but includes some Java script.
    I program a lot in javascript and all my systems are javascript capable
    http://dooley.dk/usejavascript.htm

BUT IF NOBODY BUT ME HAVE THIS ISSUE, THEN LET IT GO.

Tom
    Are you uptight, get downloose! Why not try a GE file - Also downloadable at GEC and http://ge.dooley.dk - Tom Kjeldsen

Super Moderator Captain Hornblower's Avatar

I am running out of ideas...

Software is like entropy. It is difficult to grasp, weighs nothing, and obeys the second law of thermodynamics; i.e., it always increases.
    Norman R. Augustine

I am running out of ideas...
    Me too, Captain, thanks for your replys. Have added a poll to give a hint of ...

Kind regards
    Tom
    Are you uptight, get downloose! Why not try a GE file - Also downloadable at GEC and http://ge.dooley.dk - Tom Kjeldsen

You might add yes & no or browser brands
    Here:
    FF : no
    IE7: yes