Thread: Multi-player battles

Default Multi-player battles

Well, sort of.

If more than one user is engaged with a single enemy, the gold/exp gained from that enemy is split among the attacking players. There is no limit to how many can be attacking a single enemy. This does not apply to bosses, as you must fight them on your own.

This also means that users can snipe -- find an enemy being attacked, choose to "attack" them, but then just sit there until the other user kills the enemy. However, I don't think this is a problem, as it's fairly realistic. Also, it'd be hard to pull it off very often.

Battles will still progress individually (you attack and they attack), but the total HP of the enemy will be reduced by all participants. One person might attack the enemy five times, and other might attack once. You still split the pot.

This has required a lot of changes in the main battle script, so new bugs may have popped up.

Thoughts?

Arrow

I assume the Pot is split 50/50 or is it biased?

I have arguments for either method so please tell me so i can stop arguing with myself

Quote Originally Posted by arnie1066 View Post
    I assume the Pot is split 50/50 or is it biased?

I have arguments for either method so please tell me so i can stop arguing with myself
    Split evenly - 50/50 or maybe 25/25/25/25 or maybe 10/10/10/10/10/10/10/10/10/10

As I said in my first post, this means you could potentially get something for nothing. To get counted, you simply need to engage in the battle ("attack" button), but you don't necessarily have to actually do any attacking. If someone else will do the dirty work for you, you can cash in with half the pot!