Thread: ARGH - Caps Lock Key

Default ARGH - Caps Lock Key

The Caps lock key and I have never gotten along very well. Other keys that don't like me include the "Insert" and the silly Windows key.

This morning was the last straw. Remembering that Google is my friend, I did a search for "Disable Caps Lock Key" and I found a gem - SharpKeys!

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...dows-xp-vista/

Now my Caps Lock key is just another Shift key and the Insert and Windows keys do absolutely nothing!!!!

And be cautious - just in case, be sure to back up your registry before running SharpKeys.
    Last edited by Appletom; 02-22-2008 at 04:48 PM.

Default Careful

Whoa - I was so excited about Sharpkeys I decided to try turning my Pause/break key into a caps lock key.

Before anybody tries SharpKeys, read the last sentence of my previous post (which I bolded and turned to red text).

I gave myself quite the scare when Windows wouldn't boot up.

And did you manage to get Windows to boot up?
    Check out the Only Google Earth Wiki on the internet.

Google Earth Wiki

Have a look at my EarthSwoop Collections

Oh yes - after a forced power down, the computer came back in a diagnostic mode (one I've never seen before) and after about ten minutes booted itself up like nothing was ever wrong. Now I've mapped my Scroll Lock key to be the Caps Lock key, and I changed the Caps Lock key to be just another Shift key.

SharpKeys really is sweet - after my scare I used it on Mrs. Apple's computer to disable her Insert, Windows and Caps Lock key.