Thread: Shops

Default Shops

Is there only the Atlanta shop at the moment? Or am I not looking hard enough??
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾Ľ̃̾)۶

In general, I'm thinking of keeping the shops rather secret and let users find and share their locations in the forum. However, I'll spill a bit:

- Every zone has one city, which is visible on the map. Each zone also has one shop.
    - The shop is never in the main city, but in a nearby city -- usually one of the largest cities in the nearby area.
    - For your first level 2 shop, head a bit west from Denver to Salt Lake City. You should find your shop in the southern part of that city.

Do you like the idea of semi-hiding them, or should I just reveal all of their locations?

I do like the idea, but telling people that the shops aren't in the main city would alleviate some people's frustration.
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾Ľ̃̾)۶

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderX22 View Post
    I do like the idea, but telling people that the shops aren't in the main city would alleviate some people's frustration.
    There's a good technique for finding them, which would quickly reveal that they're not in the city.

If there are no shops in view and you expand the (Browse)-->(Explore the world)-->(shops) section, you'll have one of two messages:
    1 -- "Please zoom in"
    2 -- "No shops found"

Zoom out until you get the "please zoom in" message, then zoom back in just a tad. This will be the maximum distance you can be zoomed out and still find the shops. It's a sizeable area, a little bigger than the state of Connecticut. Once you've found that distance, you can search a lot of area pretty quickly.

That helps ALOT. =P

By the way, your Tripoli shop is too close to the city center..
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾Ľ̃̾)۶

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderX22 View Post
    That helps ALOT. =P

By the way, your Tripoli shop is too close to the city center..
    That's because it's a water zone, and I wanted to put the shop on land. The rest of the zone is out in the sea.

How about this land?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾Ľ̃̾)۶