Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Other

I personally think that the gap between level 4 and level 10 waepons is way too big, maybe have it ordered like:

Wooden Sword: 1
    Steel Sword: 4
    Wooden Hammer: 4
    Silver Sword: 7
    Diamond Sword: 15
    Silver Hammer: 20
    Check out the Only Google Earth Wiki on the internet.

Google Earth Wiki

Have a look at my EarthSwoop Collections

Quote Originally Posted by GEH4EVR View Post
    I personally think that the gap between level 4 and level 10 waepons is way too big, maybe have it ordered like:

Wooden Sword: 1
    Steel Sword: 4
    Wooden Hammer: 4
    Silver Sword: 7
    Diamond Sword: 15
    Silver Hammer: 20
    In my opinion, the gap truly isnt that big. Considering for an elf the silver sword is the last weapon he can use, that level 10 spot is a pretty good place to put it. The level 20 for the mage may be a bit high though, because the silver hammer isn't that great anyways (compared to silver sowrd and diamond sword), and I don't see a mage needing a hammer by the time they are level 20, especially because at that point they'll probably have a huge mana pool, and lots of mana potions...
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾Ľ̃̾)۶

The character portion of the kml needs to refresh as much or more than the battle section.

I died not realizing i was taking damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathbob View Post
    The character portion of the kml needs to refresh as much or more than the battle section.
    That has been changed now. It will refresh every 10 seconds OR 1 second after you stop moving the camera. I worry about the potential load on the server because of this (the character section is pretty brutal, especially having to generate that header image), but we'll see what happens.

Be sure to keep an eye on the bottom of the "Battle" section. The last box is "Results of last attack", which will tell you exactly what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathbob View Post

I disagree. This new refreshing is happening much too often and dramatically slowing down the game, as compared to before. Besides, it should be the user's responsibility to check their hp over time, not have to have it refresh for you. Just manually refresh, after all, in real life, you don't see a guy yelling every 10 seconds "Now he has 40 hps, now he has 30 hps, now he's dead." Manually refreshing isn't that much work and it makes the game require more focus.

However, if you do decide to keep the character refresh mickey, I suggest it autorefresh every 30 or 45 seconds (after a point, you can go through like 3 battles without dying, which takes awhile, so you really don't need it refreshing every 10 seconds).
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾Ľ̃̾)۶

I turned it back off. Now that I've thought about it a bit, I think:

- It'll be awfully hard on the server.
    - Users can adjust it themselves and make it automatic if they want, and there's nothing I can do about it.

Keeping the default with auto-refresh on stop only will help reduce the load. Leaving it on an autorefresh every x seconds would mean they'd be hitting the server pretty hard for hours at a time if they left GE open...

Yes, it was also draining alot of speed from the 'Browse" network link so most of my enemies that I clicked still had the "You're still in a battle" thing up..
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾Ľ̃̾)۶

Default Why can't I find enemies?

I just started playing this and I think the idea of this is great. I have been flying around for over an hour now I found a shop thanks to the hint but I haven't found one enemy yet. I have tried differing heights and going where other players are but still have not had any luck

Quote Originally Posted by rfwrangler View Post
    I just started playing this and I think the idea of this is great. I have been flying around for over an hour now I found a shop thanks to the hint but I haven't found one enemy yet. I have tried differing heights and going where other players are but still have not had any luck
    You need to be zoomed in pretty close to see enemies. Expand the "Browse" network link, then expand the "Enemies" folder to see the results of the enemy search. It will either say "No enemies found" or "Please zoom in". You need to be zoomed to around an altitude of 95 miles.

Get it to where it says "No enemies found", rather than "please zoom in". Then, browse around at that altitude for a little while. Explore around Atlanta, but not too close (right around it has been cleaned out pretty well). Explore south Georgia, Alabama, etc. There are thousands of them around there.

Default Battle suggestion

I think the Battle link should not only show the monster's HP, but also the players. It takes to long to do a refresh of the Player's stats, it would be better to just add both the monster and player's HP in the same message.

Quote Originally Posted by fstaylor View Post
    I think the Battle link should not only show the monster's HP, but also the players. It takes to long to do a refresh of the Player's stats, it would be better to just add both the monster and player's HP in the same message.
    Good suggestion. Done!

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    You need to be zoomed in pretty close to see enemies. Expand the "Browse" network link, then expand the "Enemies" folder to see the results of the enemy search. It will either say "No enemies found" or "Please zoom in". You need to be zoomed to around an altitude of 95 miles.

Get it to where it says "No enemies found", rather than "please zoom in". Then, browse around at that altitude for a little while. Explore around Atlanta, but not too close (right around it has been cleaned out pretty well). Explore south Georgia, Alabama, etc. There are thousands of them around there.

Thank you I will try there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    Ok, this should be fixed now in two ways:

1 - The money comes out before you are given the item. Do it too fast, and you'll pay for nothing (rather than the opposite).
    2 - You can't buy something within 5 seconds of your last purchase. This should essentially fix it as well.

Try it again and see what you can do.
    Would be good to have some feedback on how many items have been bought (e.g. a counter). I have supped a fair amount of potions, and it is hard to know how many you are buying. There again I usually just keep buying until the cash runs out.

Quote Originally Posted by xp@ View Post
    Would be good to have some feedback on how many items have been bought (e.g. a counter). I have supped a fair amount of potions, and it is hard to know how many you are buying. There again I usually just keep buying until the cash runs out.
    Agreed. I'm not sure how to build that into the flash script, but I'll work on it.

I still need to build in a total cap on items -- probably around six or so.

After a certain point gold gets kind of useless. I have a silver sword as an elf and I have nothing to do with my gold..it just keeps rising and rising. Even if I buy 30 healing potions (which I did...kinda exploiting the no item cap [it's nice for taking one much stronger bosses and just sucking down potions]) I still have tons of money left over. Any ideas as what to do with all this extra gold?
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾Ľ̃̾)۶