Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Other

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderX22 View Post
    After a certain point gold gets kind of useless. I have a silver sword as an elf and I have nothing to do with my gold..it just keeps rising and rising. Even if I buy 30 healing potions (which I did...kinda exploiting the no item cap [it's nice for taking one much stronger bosses and just sucking down potions]) I still have tons of money left over. Any ideas as what to do with all this extra gold?
    In the interest of balance, should higher level monsters give out less gold than they currently do? Or should higher level weapons/spells cost a lot more?

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    In the interest of balance, should higher level monsters give out less gold than they currently do? Or should higher level weapons/spells cost a lot more?
    I'd suggest the higher level weapons/spells cost more, but I'd ask a few other people for their opinions first. Personally, I think the silver sword was very cheap, and by the time I had enough experience to buy it, I already had over 1000 gold. The potions as well are pretty cheap..I buy healing potion 2s in mass quantities, and they the only thing that deals enough damage to completely wipe all that hp gained away is a lvl 3 boss, which tehre aren't many of. I'd definitely suggest raising the prices of upper level weapons (especially those requiring level 20, by level 20 you'll have like 10,000 gold or something) and probably raising the prices of potions. Also, for an elf, after the silver sword, there really isn't anything left to buy...so all I can do is buy HUGE quantities of healing potions (I have like 100..., which makes me basically immortal compared to bosses, assuming they don't one hit KO me). I suggest putting an item cap in asap (which will sadden me and my 100 items tremendously =P ).
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

A quick thing I've noticed. It is almost impossible for an elf to defeat a level 4 boss, with an item cap of 6. You just can't get back enough hps with just 6 items, and the silver sword just doesn't do enough damage. You'll have to be like level 30 something to take on a level 4 boss, whilst the mages and warriors can probably do it at a much lower level.

Also, I suggest making the level 20 hammer only available to mages...an elf or a warrior wouldn't buy it anyways..they have better weapons.
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

Lightbulb

Tweaks

I have been playing for a few days one two different machines (same user)

The Player Stat Windows could Do with Reducing in size a little. At the moment it covers quite an area of the screen where enemies could be.

Current HP in the Battle could be changed to read both eg
    Current HP: 30 / 25
    1st number yours, second creeps

Battle Section, also doesnt tell you how much mana is REQUIRED for a spell, i fell fould of having 1 mana point and trying to use a mana 2 spell, my mana had only increased by a small amount when i levelled up so i didn't expect it to use more.

Battle section, Currenlty is occupying 1/3 of my window and reads...
    arnie1066 attacks Hawk with steel sword for 1
    points. Hawk was killed
    It actually meant 12 points but its not wrapping around properly
    May i suggest:
    Creep deals y damage
    PlayerName deals X damage (Kill)

EDIT:
    Wooden Sword - This could be Changed to Bow & Arrows
    Silver Sword could become an Axe
    Last edited by arnie1066; 03-06-2008 at 07:02 PM.

Talking

Before I say anything let me say this: what I'm going to say isn't absolutely neccessary right now, but would be a good addition at the late stages of the game.

To make an MMO really addicting (this already is darn addicting) it's the little things that count. Finding secret things, secret bosses, and easter eggs. The main quest is clearly to beat bosses and get crystals. However and addition of side quests would be really nice, such as finding "ingredients" for a certain something. The ingredients are scattered around the world, and when they are all found, you can combine them for either an item or something.

Also, after beating all the bosses and acquiring the crystals, what do the players then do?

And lastly, but most importantly, the game needs a STORYLINE.
    Spider wants a Story...

I give you a Story... (go easy on me i wrote it in 20 minutes):

After a near extinction event that levelled 95% of the world's cities. The Human Race had to adapt to survive.
    After Many Generations, three distinctions evolved from the three most protected areas of the Globe. Each carefully passing there ways down the generations

To the far reaches of the poles, Strength was born to the Warriors through fearsome battles with roaming packs of Bears. Even Ice Sharks were encountered swimming under the ice waiting to break through if a Warrior stepped on ICE sheets thin enough.

From the deep forests where brute strength could not help against Hawks, Falcons and stampeding Elephants, by becoming closer to their surroundings, safety could be gained. So were born the Elves

In the hidden places both high and low, strange new species of plants were forming in the darkened caves. The mixing and refining of which lead to the emergence of the Mages

However those were not the only changes taking place, other species were evolving and struggling for dominance. Mankind would not be able to retake the world without first conquering these strange new things. Worst of these were the Ogrean, humans who had shrunk away from the world into groups to small for meaningful interaction had devolved into these fearsome enemies. While the Ogrean roamed the land, the sea was beginning to team with the Serpents of old Myths and tales. Even the fearsome sharks were not attacking them.

But those were just the smallest of changes compared to what awaited the first who tried to renter the cities of old. Rumours of beasts as large as any dwelling, and some of even more wondrous foes from old Myths and Folklore. Only the strongest and bravest would venture too near to the last remaining cities.

The outlands & waters teaming with roaming beasts needed to be kept in check or risk being overrun, to this end the three races sent out their strongest Men and Women alike to tame the wilds and the seas, in preparation to retake the cities of the lost Empire.

You are one of those chosen to go forth and clear a path, to fight your way through strengthening enemies and retake the cities. You will be alone, the Races are not sufficient in number to hunt in parties, you may meet help along the way, but the Journey is yours alone.
    Last edited by arnie1066; 03-06-2008 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Typo

Arnie1066, In my opinion, that's brilliant, not bad for 20 minutes
    Check out the Only Google Earth Wiki on the internet.

Google Earth Wiki

Have a look at my EarthSwoop Collections

arnie1066, I feel a renewed purpose in playing this game. I am no longer a guinea pig killing critters for Mickey's beta testing pleasure, but a young warrior fighting to give my people a chance, to reclaim the great cities, and to find what was lost.

~ Ruskets

Thanks Guys, didn't expect it to be so well received

I have another thought for the battle area...
    Do we need to see 'Attack with'?
    Would 'Steel Sword', Wooden Sword' etc be sufficient?

Sorry, the edit button went away (must be off playing GEMMO)

Anyway, another thought occurred, as you have to keep all of those old weapons, like the wooden swords etc, could we have some creeps, that are only affected by wood/silver.

Maybe even Race specific creeps eg Polar Bear for Warriors, Boars for Elves and Baby Dragons for Mages. Or would this prove to difficult to implement?
    GEMMO

Quote Originally Posted by arnie1066 View Post
    Anyway, another thought occurred, as you have to keep all of those old weapons, like the wooden swords etc, could we have some creeps, that are only affected by wood/silver.

Maybe even Race specific creeps eg Polar Bear for Warriors, Boars for Elves and Baby Dragons for Mages. Or would this prove to difficult to implement?
    Cool idea -- I hadn't considered it. It might be awfully hard to implement, but I'll certainly look into it.

Default Enemies

I've looked everyone...especially around level 2 areas...and can barely find ANY enemies. Is there a problem with the game, or have they all been killed off? And if they have been killed...any way you can reset/add more?
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

I've looked everyone...especially around level 2 areas...and can barely find ANY enemies. Is there a problem with the game, or have they all been killed off? And if they have been killed...any way you can reset/add more?
    Oops, my mistake! I have a script that regenerates new enemies, but I forgot to build the cron job for it.

I just ran it by hand and it re-built the 4,220 enemies that have been killed in the last few days.

I'll get it on an hourly cron job later this evening. Sorry about that.

Ok, it should be set to run at 10 minutes after every hour. I'll check tomorrow and make sure it's doing the job properly.

I had to go to this tiny corner of India for one Tiger...

Thanks. =P
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

Okay so right now its basically impossible to die. You can die only if your dumb basically. You know your hps, you know the enemies hp, and you know how much damage you can take/deal. Plus you can always heal back up. There has to be some kind of inherent risk for fighting, or something that can truely kill you. Id suggest like a 1% or .5% chance that an enemy kills you in one hit (or deals massive damage), symbolizing like a lucky shot or a head shot or something. Also (or in case you don't like that idea) make it possible that your sword/hammer/or even potion can fail. Like a sword or hammer can break, and a potion can be a dud or placebo. That way, theres more risk involved in a fight, and if you plan it out, something can still go wrong. Accordingly, the risk for a lucky shot is higher for a higher level enemy or boss. like .5% for level 1, .75% for lvl 2, 1% for lvl 3, 1.25% for lvl 4, and 2% for boss).

Comment?
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶