Thread: How to measure length with path and marked place from start path

Default How to measure length with path and marked place from start path

Hi All
    I have route to my plan trip,and for that I have draw a path with hundred of lines and on those some point of path have been marked as marked places.
    Is there any way to measure path length of those marked places from starting point of path? or to measure length of path between marked places?

thanks

Use the ruker tool. See my example
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Elfish for my true name
    Findecáno Táralóm

My mind works better in sentences with spaces and long paragraphs loose me sometimes cause I need to picture what is going on at the same time I am reading.

hi gondalf
    thanks for your respond
    what I mean is I allready have a path, I have been draw path following the road with so many line n point to turn right or left, and I have been saved those path on KML.
    I have been marked some point, now I want to know the length of the path between starting point to marked point r I want to know the distance of road that I gonna passing through
    Its takes time If I using ruler to re-draw the path.

thanks

As far as I can find out, there is no way to measure as an afterfact. It should be done at the time the path is created.

Correction: I found the following third party software they claim will measure GE path even in KMLs that are already created.

http://groups.google.com/group/kml-s...cda06f09ec09bb
    Last edited by Gandolf; 02-27-2008 at 06:44 PM.
    Elfish for my true name
    Findecáno Táralóm

My mind works better in sentences with spaces and long paragraphs loose me sometimes cause I need to picture what is going on at the same time I am reading.

Default Find the length of a Google Earth Path

Well, I didn’t feel like installing a program on my computer, and I didn’t think anyone else should have to either, so I made a website where you can upload Google Earth path files and it will tell you how long the path is! Here’s the link:

http://www.craterfish.org/?googleearth

Enjoy!

Default Find the length of a Google Earth Path

I realized that my upload script was broken, but I fixed it. I also made it so that you can now upload .kmz path files or .kml path files. So again, here is the link to find the length of your Google Earth path:

http://www.craterfish.org/?googleearth