Thread: Ancient Pyramids Worldwide discussion

Default Ancient Pyramids Worldwide discussion

This is a discussion thread for the following file:

Ancient Pyramids Worldwide

This is a really neat collection of pyramids worldwide. This folder contains 38 pyramids from places like South America, Mexico and Egypt. I chose not to include the pyramids with bad clearity, so all of these pyramids are very clear and easy to see. Each placemark has been geometricly placed with the door facing the bottom of the screen. This thing took me around 5 weeks to find because some were tricky and hard to see. I hope that you enjoy them.

Default Only Egypt

There are only placemarks in Egypt. According to the file description, you have placemarks in other places too. Where are these placemarks?

Default Thats not completely true

The Pyramid of Sun and the Pyramid of Moon are in Mexico I think. If I were to say that all of the placemarks were just in Egypt, than the title would contradict the collection of files that I posted on this site. That is why I chose to say "Worldwide" instead of "Within Egypt".
    -Andrew

Cool Pyramids of the World

There seem to be a lot of Pyramids missing. even though the Yucatan is of low resolution a marking of pyramids there would have been usefull. Also there is the largest dirt pyramid just outside of St. Louis in Illinois called Cahokia mounds. Recently one of the worlds largest pyramids was discovered in Europe. It seems that by sticking to the clearly photographed ones which means primarily egypt the file is more misleading than informative. However , it looks like a great foundation to work from.

Quote Originally Posted by phil2000
    There seem to be a lot of Pyramids missing. even though the Yucatan is of low resolution a marking of pyramids there would have been usefull. Also there is the largest dirt pyramid just outside of St. Louis in Illinois called Cahokia mounds. Recently one of the worlds largest pyramids was discovered in Europe. It seems that by sticking to the clearly photographed ones which means primarily egypt the file is more misleading than informative. However , it looks like a great foundation to work from.

Even if that seems odd, I would also add the "Piramide Cestia" located in Rome, Italy. That Pyramid has been built in the 1st Centrury, as the grave of "Caio Cestio Epulone". 37Mt. tall, for a 30mt. base.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramid_of_Cestius

regards,
    Kazuma
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Cos'Ŕ il genio? Fantasia, Intuizione, Colpo d'occhio e velocitÓ d'esecuzione.
    Alex 'Kazuma', Milan, Italy

Default Well, I cant have EVERY Pyramid

I basically just picked all of the pyramids I knew from memory, and then methodically scanned down the Giza strip, searching for new ones, and then I searched the names and such, and this was the result. It isnt the BEST collection in the world, but it is a start. Thanks for all the activity .
    -Andrew
    wiltzandrew1989 on Yahoo! Messenger,
    wiltzandrew on AIM,
    wiltzandrew on MyspaceIM.