Thread: bad magic D:<

Thumbs down bad magic D:<

magic is one of the most horrble things you can get on this game...

1. same amount of money as a physical weapon at the level... if not more

2. same amount of damage as a physical weapon...

3. and to top it all off... it uses up mana...

now im not really a nay sayer... but shouldnt magic be more powerful than its physical weapon counterpart? i mean if it takes up mana to use, then a level 2 ice spell... me, being an elf is discouraged to use magic as it seems, physical attacks are unlimited and wont waste anything while it does identical damage... i think magic should be a little better, dont you?

Agreed.
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾Ľ̃̾)۶

How much more powerful should it be?

imo ice should slow the enemy, allowing us to have the first hit on the remaining fight or just increase the chance, i mean its magic, give it some sort of effect instead of pure damage.

fire on the other hand... maybe stack an extra 20&#37; damage on your next hit (for example you use fire for 10 damage, then the next attack you use steel sword hit for 18 damage + 2 more damage) every hit until the battle ends, that would make some sense (damage over time)

oh and while your at it, some critical hit factors would be nice, something to think about in case you don't already have too much

If it's just pure damage, I'd say at least an extra 25%. No more than double physical damage.

Mindless' idea of special effects for magic is great!

basically what you can improve in this game can be pretty much ripped off from popular rpg/mmorpg games, pretty sure most of our ideas here aren't "original" but heck, the current features atm is pretty .... dull .... i don't know anything about coding and stuff but im thinking this is what most of us are thinking, but still the selling point (or attracting point) of gemmo is being able to play it on google earth.

What about an advantage to use magic is that it improves the chances of hitting first?

Quote Originally Posted by razzam21 View Post
    What about an advantage to use magic is that it improves the chances of hitting first?
    Not such a bad idea. Most "classic" RPGs have mighty fire/ice spells who works from a distance. Sadly an "intelligent" use of spells like in P&P RPGs will not work here.

I remember some really great actions with otherwise harmless spells by my RPG group members...
    ... but never eat the yellow snow! (Inuit wisdom)

Maybe when a spell is used as the opening attack, the enemy could be kept from retaliating in that first round. This would simulate the spell being cast at range and the enemy having to run to you before fighting back.

Also, spells could have a small chance to stun an enemy and stop them from retaliating in the next round.

Just a few small suggestions,
    ~ Ruskets