Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Leaderboard!

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderX22 View Post
    Yep, thanks. =P
    Great!

Cool w00t!

... but never eat the yellow snow! (Inuit wisdom)

Quote Originally Posted by Fritriac View Post
    Wow...

Default A little criticism now ...

I'm a fantasy roleplayer since years, i often did the "master" job in our RPG group. And here comes the criticism: Health- (Mana-, Life-) potions are an inherent part of those games. Every character can carry some of them.

But: Do you really have a chance to use them mid-battle ?

"Oh. sorry, Mr. Boss Monster, please one minute, i have to drink my potion to kill you!"

Wow, in mid-fight situations ... this will not end well. Maybe the ampullae are on your side, in a belt -or whatevar- take them out - open them- drink - and wait till (or if) it works. That's not real.

You can do it if a party of adventurers come to the scene, and one replaces another in the battle. Maybe.

Battling on a chief monster without a silver sword? Danm, you guys are hardcore! I, for myself, have a lil' dream: The first who can purchase a Diamond Sword.

Good luck. mates!

Umm, sorry, maybe this^ doesn't fit in this forum. Dear mods, please do your job (if you want) !

I'm a fantasy roleplayer since years, i often did the "master" job in our RPG group. And here comes the criticism: Health- (Mana-, Life-) potions are an inherent part of those games. Every character can carry some of them.

But: Do you really have a chance to use them mid-battle ?

"Oh. sorry, Mr. Boss Monster, please one minute, i have to drink my potion to kill you!"

Wow, in mid-fight situations ... this will not end well. Maybe the ampullae are on your side, in a belt -or whatevar- take them out - open them- drink - and wait till (or if) it works. That's not real.

You can do it if a party of adventurers come to the scene, and one replaces another in the battle. Maybe.
    I totally see what your agreeing and agree. It's as if every battle you're running away from the enemy, chug this instantaneously-healing potion, then run back into battle. However, completely removing potions from use in battle would mean all the hapless beginners who attack someone with low hps and then die because they heal..they'll quit the game thinking it's dumb.

What I see as a solution is this: when you drink a potion, it acts as your attack phase, meaning that although you may heal some, the enemy still hits you. This is a bit more realistic...while your drinking your potion....the enemy doesnt sit back and watch...it attacks you. This might be hard to implement (from a programming/making viewpoint...but seems a vital part of the game).
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾Ľ̃̾)۶

Umm, sorry, maybe this^ doesn't fit in this forum. Dear mods, please do your job (if you want) !
    No...it really DOES fit. The games' in testing...criticism is a good thing..it means pointing out flaws and IMPROVING the game.
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾Ľ̃̾)۶

Battling on a chief monster without a silver sword? Danm, you guys are hardcore! I, for myself, have a lil' dream: The first who can purchase a Diamond Sword.
    Good luck. mates!
    I don't quite understand what you're saying...can you reword this? Are you trying to say that a silver sword is a pretty weak weapon to use against a boss? If so, I agree with you again...i'd rather be using like a lance (or a bazooka).

For Mickey...I suggest you either add more weapons or change the types of weapons around. Maybe add "bow & arrows" or "lance" or something big that can realistically take down a boss. Cause really, I don't see a man with a silver sword taking down a Dragon or even a Giant Squid.
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾Ľ̃̾)۶

Are you trying to say that a silver sword is a pretty weak weapon to use against a boss?
    Nope. The silver sword is ok as it is. I just tried to say that a wooden or steel sword is f***ing weak. But when i look at the board and see that there are players under level 10 (level to purchase the silver sword) i wonder how much of that delicious healing potions they needed to slay teh boss.

For Mickey...I suggest you either add more weapons or change the types of weapons around.
    ... and maybe armor (helmets, mail etc.)?

But when i look at the board and see that there are players under level 10 (level to purchase the silver sword) i wonder how much of that delicious healing potions they needed to slay teh boss.
    Ohh..yea..about that. =P
    At one point, (of course, just to test the game ), I had like 100 healing potions. Was pretty spiffy. Except the level 4 bosses now take me out with 1 shot.
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾Ľ̃̾)۶

Ohh..yea..about that. =P
    At one point, (of course, just to test the game ), I had like 100 healing potions. Was pretty spiffy. Except the level 4 bosses now take me out with 1 shot.
    Yes, that's the problem. You need to get over 100HP's to battle the level 4's and I am not sure when that happens. I'm at level 13 and "only" have 94 HP's available.

I'm with 150 hp, and i've no good feeling to match a lvl3 boss (without drinking lots and lots od those delicious drinks). C'mon, no one did this shotload of Crystals whithout gallons of potions.

Meh.

As i said in a previous post: I'm a FRPG player - and game master for years -
    and the only thing i can say is that real balance in such a game is difficult to obtain.

Nope. The silver sword is ok as it is. I just tried to say that a wooden or steel sword is f***ing weak. But when i look at the board and see that there are players under level 10 (level to purchase the silver sword) i wonder how much of that delicious healing potions they needed to slay teh boss.
    Gallons of the stuff, Lucky I found a "Camelback of slurping" off the coast of Taipai when I was nowt but a wee level three!

my lv=12 i got 19 crystal
    I wish more cities can be added to this game