Thread: a crowd of animals discussion

Default a crowd of animals discussion

This is a discussion thread for the following file:

a crowd of animals

COOL!! a crowd of animals at such a place. What kind of animal?

From where I come, they call them "rocks".
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾Ľ̃̾)۶

I don't know.....I'd be inclined to call them animals. Maybe even people. Looks like a watering hole or well. There are foot paths leading in all directions.

Matt

Those are some huge people...

But I see what your saying. Camels?
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾Ľ̃̾)۶

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderX22 View Post
    Those are some huge people...

But I see what your saying. Camels?
    I don't know....do they have Camels in Australia? Best guess would probably be sheep or cows. Or maybe Kangaroos

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Forkboy2 View Post
    I don't know....do they have Camels in Australia?
    They sure have camels. It's the only place in the world where they live in the wild nature.

The ancestors of Australian feral camels were dromedary camels imported to provide transport through inland Australia, which their feral descendents have since made their domain. While they do not appear to be as destructive as other introduced herbivores, their increasing numbers may affect native vegetation, and feral camels have become minor agricultural pests.

Many different types and breeds of camels were brought into Australia, but most were from India. They included the large, fleece-bearing, two-humped Bactrian camel of China and Mongolia, the elite Bishari riding camel of North Africa and Arabia, the pedigreed Bikaneri war camel of Rajasthan in India, and the powerful, freight-carrying lowland Indian camel, capable of moving huge loads of up to 800 kilograms or 1760 pounds.

The feral dromedary camels found in Australia are a meld of these breeds but can be split into two types: a slender riding form and a heavier pack animal.

Thousands of camels were imported between 1840 and 1907 to open up the arid areas of central and western Australia. They were used for riding, and as draught and pack animals for exploration and construction of rail and telegraph lines; they were also used to supply goods to remote mines and settlements.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_feral_camel