Thread: Heathrow airport discussion

Default Heathrow airport discussion

This is a discussion thread for the following file:

Heathrow airport

The Worlds Busiest Airport

Default Heathrow is NOT the world's busiest airport!

Heathrow is by no means the world's busiest airport. Up till now it has handled more INTERNATIONAL passengers than any other airport -- which surely will change unless BAA and the UK government get their acts together -- but in terms of aircraft movements and overall passengers it is surpassed by several airports in the United States. In ranking order, Atlanta, Chicago O'Hare and Dallas/Fort Worth are the world's three busiest airports both for aircraft movements and for passengers. Heathrow comes in fourtgh or fifth (it might also be behind Los Angeles International for overall passengers, I forget).

Super Moderator Captain Hornblower's Avatar

Maybe he meant "busiest" by finding lost baggage?

Software is like entropy. It is difficult to grasp, weighs nothing, and obeys the second law of thermodynamics; i.e., it always increases.
    Norman R. Augustine

Talking Heathrow the "busiest" airport

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hornblower View Post
    Maybe he meant "busiest" by finding lost baggage?
    Ouch! I like it. But I don't know if Heathrow's good for FINDING lost baggage -- I think it's much better for losing baggage in the first place! I think much of Heathrow T5's lost baggage went to Milan to be stored and sorted, because too much of a pile was building up at Heathrow, if I recall rightly.

I also think Heathrow might win out in another two "world's busiest airport" categories -- busiest for trying to fleece passengers of their money, and busiest for poor lost souls wandering round and round the so-called Terminal 3 departure lounge trying to find the door that actually leads to the gates, and which you almost can't see because it's like a side door in a shopping mall.