Thread: California Speedway discussion

Default California Speedway discussion

This is a discussion thread for the following file:

California Speedway

The California Speedway is a two-mile, low-banked, D-shaped oval superspeedway in Fontana, California, similar to that of "sister track" Michigan International Speedway. It is located approximately 40 miles east of Los Angeles on the site of the former Kaiser Steel mill. It is a relatively new race track, opening in early 1997, and has additional configurations and facilities to accommodate "road" races, motorcycle races, vehicle testing, and drag races (Auto Club Dragway). The racetrack is a stones throw from the old Ontario Motor Speedway and the old Riverside International Raceway. After Riverside's closure in 1988, Southern California did not host a NASCAR race until California Speedway was opened.

٩(̾●̮̮̃̾Ľ̃̾)۶

I love how one can view just about anything from Google Earth, though, it does make you feel as if you have no privacy!
    This is a great view of Speedway.
    Thanks for posting.

Jon,
    California Vacations

Quote Originally Posted by jonhu View Post
    I love how one can view just about anything from Google Earth, though, it does make you feel as if you have no privacy!
    This is a great view of Speedway.
    Thanks for posting.
    Yea, there's definitely some privacy issues. Although, unless I'm caught in a really compromising pose, I personally wouldn't mind being photographed. It seems the problems lie when the drivers drive into private property or where their high mounted camera sees over low walls meant to keep eyes out.
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾Ľ̃̾)۶