Thread: Censored Power Plant discussion

Default Censored Power Plant discussion

This is a discussion thread for the following file:

Censored Power Plant

A censored hydro-electric power plant in Woburn, Mass. Why they don't want us to see it?

Default Woburn Mass Power plant

OK, who verified this was a hydro-electric power plant? First of all, Solar energy, Hydro-electric energy, and Nuclear energy all imply producing energy using the force of a natural resource. Such as getting electricity from the energy of the sun, getting electricity from the energy of Nuclear fission, or getting electricity from the energy of moving water.

Hydro-electric Power plants utilize the force of moving water, which is why they are placed or built at a rivers edge, or utilize a dam between two bodies of water. This censored location is at the very southern tip of Woburn lake, a quarter of a mile due east of a Rehabilitation Center, Medical park and Golf Course. There is absolutely no current in this lake let alone any at the tip of the southern end.

The question is, if the government doesnt find it necessary to censor the view of Keflavik Naval Air Station in Iceland, or censor the white house or views of other military installations (mostly because the aerial photos are typically 2 - 3 years old and no longer of any importance as to its location) then why would some business want to censor theirs? Especially nestled in a really nice community with a very decent soccer field across the street (to the east) from it, a golf course to its west, two very nice apartment complexes and some local businesses.The size of the place seems to have no significance since its about 930ft by 500ft. It obviously has no secretive value because of it's visibility in the community and there is no way to stop a joyride in a Cessna from flying over head either.

My guess is someone is trying to create a conspiracy theory out of nothing.

Super Moderator Captain Hornblower's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GEHFileBot
    Why they don't want us to see it?
    I guess it's not about us, it's about Osamas 'friends'. And power plants a vital object worth to be protected. Guess what's going on if one or more power plants are 'swithced off'?

Software is like entropy. It is difficult to grasp, weighs nothing, and obeys the second law of thermodynamics; i.e., it always increases.
    Norman R. Augustine

What is censored? The shapes/outlines of buildings can still be recognized for doing the required damage if one wants to do it. ( I assume that a totally non existent 'man made' layout has not been pasted there).

By the way there is another nearby location described as ' Seabrook Station Nuclear Power Plant ' elsewhere ( 42░53'54"N 70░51'0"W ) has also been diffused by pixel merging.

Rocket, is the camouflage related to Mass. wishes?

=================
    Shashi

this i a potential terror target...the first poster is right, the white house photos are old and have to use anymore. But this is a fresh image, i bet there are other places in the US like this...Try to find them and post them up

Quote Originally Posted by moebob24 View Post
    this i a potential terror target...the first poster is right, the white house photos are old and have to use anymore. But this is a fresh image, i bet there are other places in the US like this...Try to find them and post them up

It still doesn't make sense. A lot of other power plants on the map are not censored. Take a look at Oyster Creek in New Jersey or Indian Point in New York. Clear as a bell. I'm going with something particular to Massachusetts. What a bunch of Massholes.

Super Moderator Captain Hornblower's Avatar

What do you mean with Massholes?

Software is like entropy. It is difficult to grasp, weighs nothing, and obeys the second law of thermodynamics; i.e., it always increases.
    Norman R. Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by asysin2leads View Post
    It still doesn't make sense. A lot of other power plants on the map are not censored. Take a look at Oyster Creek in New Jersey or Indian Point in New York. Clear as a bell. I'm going with something particular to Massachusetts. What a bunch of Massholes.
    Yes, the imagery censorship is from the source, in this case being Massachusetts State. However, they aren't the only ones to do it. You can find other things in NY State that are censored, such as a tiny bit of JFK Airport and Westpoint.

Super Moderator

Even Sing Sing Prison and other prisons are censored.

Tiny part of it visible on StreetView
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾Ľ̃̾)۶