Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unknown Facility Iran

Default Unknown Facility Iran

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by simelco; 12-11-2010 at 03:39 AM.

Super Moderator Captain Hornblower's Avatar

This placemark is pointing on pure soil ... with no facility

Software is like entropy. It is difficult to grasp, weighs nothing, and obeys the second law of thermodynamics; i.e., it always increases.
    Norman R. Augustine

Last edited by simelco; 12-11-2010 at 03:40 AM.

Then tell us why do you think this has something to do with missile production / testing?

Software is like entropy. It is difficult to grasp, weighs nothing, and obeys the second law of thermodynamics; i.e., it always increases.
    Norman R. Augustine

Well , that's a little bit better....first it is a question ,not a fact , perhaps it has something to do with missiles because there are several tunnels or bunkers around . ( mobile missiles ?). Secondly the area is not unprotected , there are several AA places nearby. It could also something to do with the nearby nuclear facility of Esfehan , you dont need tunnels for candy bars.

I don't see any tunnel or shelter or whatever looks like that. I don't even find any AA site around there.

And thank you for telling me what mature and what childish is

Norman R. Augustine

I give it up , look around and you will find several tunnels , I will give you one free of charge, mate. For the rest and for the AA's it's up to you. Pfffff
    Attached Files Attached Files

Simelco. I must say, it would be nice if you could stop being disrespectful towards other members.
    Check out the Only Google Earth Wiki on the internet.

Google Earth Wiki

Have a look at my EarthSwoop Collections

No problem....as long as moderators like captain also refrain from very childish remarks, like yr placemark is only soil. I hate that ! For the rest , no offence.

Again thank you for reminding me giving childish remarks.

But please consider this:
    Users open your placemark and see this

It might be childish to wonder, "Where's that strange facility? I just see a small number of small buildings!" BUt as long as you just drop a pin in an area and don't explain, why YOU think it might be what you think it might be, no one can follow you.

And I wonder what is childish? To see in almost every Iranian mountain a probable hide for something where noone here can answer it anyway? You should slow down your imagination...

Norman R. Augustine

Look carefull to my first thread captain, whether it has to do with missiles or not, was an open question. That they are hiding things here is not so strange , considering the tunnels , you donot need a lot of imagination. And pls bear in mind , this forum exist by the input of the members, if moderators use their mighty finger and say ' I see only soil ' that is rather childish and bad for the forum. If you donot like this kind of critic , I am out of this forum. Pls erase all my entries.

Simelco. Let's just calm things down for a minute please.

Captain Hornblower simply said
    This placemark is pointing on pure soil ...with no facility
    Which is indeed true. If you perhaps had set the altitude of the placemark higher, then it wouldn't just point to pure soil.

I don't see any tunnel or shelter or whatever looks like that. I don't even find any AA site around there.
    Yet again, he just made a valid statement. There are no tunnels near the placemark.

Simelco. You said
    Don't be a wise guy , captain, you could also say it's hanging in the air.
    shortly followed by
    For the rest and for the AA's it's up to you. Pfffff
    . Now I don't know where you are from. But where I'm from, we don't say things like that to people(Through the net or in person).

Google Earth Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by simelco View Post
    I give it up , look around and you will find several tunnels , I will give you one free of charge, mate. For the rest and for the AA's it's up to you. Pfffff
    I think what they are saying is that you'd probably get a better response to your query if you'd post a KML file that had a placemark at each specific location which you think is suspicious instead of a single placemark in the middle of what you think is a military facility. If you're not sure how to do this, create a folder in GE, then put all the placemarks inside that folder and save the folder as a KML file.

No one is going to pull up your placemark that is in the middle of a dirt field, then spend 20 minutes searching around in the area for tunnels and other things which you might find suspicious. If I can't find what you're talking about in about 30 seconds, I'm moving on. Not all of us share your obsession with military facilities in Iran and I know from past experience that you think a lot of things are military facilities with no supporting evidence. When I see a post from you I usually start off by assuming your identification of a military facility is incorrect and that you have some kind of political agenda which I have no interest in.

Not trying to be rude, just trying to explain to you why you get the response that you do. If you want to have an intelligent discussion about one of the "facilities" that you identified, you need to do a better job of presenting your case.

I personally do not see anything out of the ordinary in the area of this placemark. I few houses, a couple small orchards, a tunnel.....nothing that would indicate to me that there is a military installation there, which is typical for your posts. But I only spent about 2 minutes looking around.
    Last edited by Forkboy2; 07-14-2008 at 04:28 PM.
    Matt Fox

Thank you very much Matt. You said it perfectly.

Google Earth Wiki

OK guys , for the last time. If somebody makes an entry and the only answer a moderator can give is " I see only soil " , is low level and such remark raises my neckhairs. It's unpolite , it's pure arrogant , and captain H may expect a same kind of answer. If you , moderators, are too lazy or blind and unable to explore a site when it is brought under your attention , don't expect me to pinpoint all the details but look around yourself. This however , does not justify such an arrogant answer from him. I donot want anything to do with such guys on a forum , so again , pls erase my profile and entries.