Thread: i dont get it

Default i dont get it

this is some kind of a "verbal" game is it?
    so...this is not like other 2d-3d game?

Quote Originally Posted by coke.is.dope
    this is some kind of a "verbal" game is it?
    so...this is not like other 2d-3d game?
    Most of the game itself it text-based, played on our website. Google Earth is used to display the updated info about the game (who has which city, how many armies are in it, etc) as well as to help you gather resources, such as jewels or oil.

Does that clear it up?

There is some sense in which the game can be played almost entirely in the web interface, though, once assets are in place. That could be a problem. I think the architecture will need to require Earth as a principal UI. You've made progress in that department, by using balloon links to perform functional work with GETs. Expand on that. I also think that when the day comes that armies are visible (my little "moving pup tents" idea) and moving in directions across the globe, people will be in Earth a lot more. You know, it'll end up being a darned busy interface. Geez.

Quote Originally Posted by rasqual
    I think the architecture will need to require Earth as a principal UI. You've made progress in that department, by using balloon links to perform functional work with GETs. Expand on that.
    100% agreed. That's my eventual goal.

I also think that when the day comes that armies are visible (my little "moving pup tents" idea) and moving in directions across the globe, people will be in Earth a lot more. You know, it'll end up being a darned busy interface. Geez.
    Yep. However, I can minimize the number of lines shown (as they serve no real purpose if need be. In fact, those lines might go away and get replaced with lines showing the path of armies going from city to city (with time pacing, of course ).

In fact, those lines might go away
    The first thing I do when I start up is to turn off the lines. They drive me batty.

Quote Originally Posted by birq
    The first thing I do when I start up is to turn off the lines. They drive me batty.
    Alright. Once I get timed attacks in there, I'll turn those lines off.