Thread: File statistics/downloads (not) counted?

Default File statistics/downloads (not) counted?

I wonder why it seems like it's only click on ' Google Earth' on a file, that 'counts' to the file's statistics/download.

And clicks on:
    Google Maps
    Virtual Earth
    Yahoo Maps
    GE Plug-in
    do not count to the file statistics/downloads.

/Tom
    Are you uptight, get downloose! Why not try a GE file - Also downloadable at GEC and http://ge.dooley.dk - Tom Kjeldsen

Because that's how I wrote it.

Do you think those should count?

Well, clicking on those links does show your additional interest in the file....so..sure, why not?
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾Ľ̃̾)۶

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    ...Do you think those should count?
    Well, I do not think it's a question to answer with yes or no.

If all submissions always consisted of one and only one placemark, with the primary/only objective to be a link to a position, my answer would be yes.

But that's not the case. GE offers many great features like overlays, tilting view, terrain and play tour of collections of placemarks of which I myself have used intensively in the tours I have made. Tours do not display well or in most cases even give any meaning to all of the 'alternatives' beyond linking to the/some position.

I believe an approach is to analyze the submitted files and catagorize in 'one placemark' and 'multiple placemark' files.

The first give fairly good meaning of counting all 'flat interfaces' clicks/statistics. The latter most likely not. Also it could be interresting to not only see file count but also placemark count or just how many placemarks there is in a given file. A meaningful way could be to built this as an extra count of a file.
    Are you uptight, get downloose! Why not try a GE file - Also downloadable at GEC and http://ge.dooley.dk - Tom Kjeldsen