Thread: Phantom with drogue parachute discussion

Default Phantom with drogue parachute discussion

This is a discussion thread for the following file:

Phantom with drogue parachute

F-4E Phantom of Turkish Air Force 111 squadron, based in Eskisehir

Default Copy from GEC

Please I want to disscuss this do not delete

What are the other members feelings

What do you want to discuss? It`s a normal file with additional information. That the same picture is inside? It`s the only picture I found at airliners.net from a Turkey Phantom with open parachute in Turkey. I think you has also no other picture found, or?
    You search it, I will find it!

so coping others finds is acceptable?

Why copying? What is the same with our files. I have different information, except the picture, as you.

The 3 at Suwon you found, has I found at 15th October 2007, so what should I say?

The same you can say with lots of Overlays, which has the same source, on our two sites.
    You search it, I will find it!

you find date corrolates approx with the same date as the blue i appeared on GE

coincidence

i do not know

Super Moderator Captain Hornblower's Avatar

So in your opinion the simple find in Google Earth is property who founds it first? Then you can close GEC with all the multiple finds...

Software is like entropy. It is difficult to grasp, weighs nothing, and obeys the second law of thermodynamics; i.e., it always increases.
    Norman R. Augustine

not find

Publish the find is the point and if a published artical is copied without creditateation or permission then there is an issue.

I have found the many menbers are members of both GEC and GEH and publish in both. This is an option that could stop and issues

is there a posting procedure I could upload 5000-6000 place marks quickly?

Thank you in advance

MM

I agree if the content is the same (so copied), but to claim a published find to the person found it first is ridiculous...

Software is like entropy. It is difficult to grasp, weighs nothing, and obeys the second law of thermodynamics; i.e., it always increases.
    Norman R. Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by Masonicmoron View Post
    is there a posting procedure I could upload 5000-6000 place marks quickly?
    Yes. Simple fill out 5000 - 6000 times the "add a file" form and upload the file with it and wait until the mods have approved it...

Norman R. Augustine

See, what you are ASSUMING is that we go to your cluttered website and look to find these posts, copy them, and claim them as our own. WRONG. We go on google earth, find something interesting, check if it's in OUR database, and then upload it if it isn't. I don't much care if there's already a little blue "I FOUND THIS FIRST" icon, because your database isn't our database, and we won't yell at our own members for making small mistakes. So stop thinking we steal all your files; we don't.
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾Ľ̃̾)۶

Super Moderator

Copyright is a legal concept, enacted by governments, giving the creator of an original work of authorship exclusive rights to control its distribution for a certain time period, after which the work enters the public domain. Generally, it is "the right to copy", but usually provides the author with other rights as well, such as the right to be credited for the work, to determine who may adapt the work to other forms, who may perform the work, who may financially benefit from it, and other, related rights. It is an intellectual property form (like the patent, the trademark, and the trade secret) applicable to any expressible form of an idea or information that is substantive and discrete. Copyright was initially conceived as a way for governments in Europe to restrict printing; the contemporary intent of copyright is to promote the creation of new works by giving authors control of and profit from them.

Copyright has been internationally standardized, lasting between fifty to a hundred years from the author's death, or a finite period for anonymous or corporate authorship; some jurisdictions have required formalities to establishing copyright, most recognize copyright in any completed work, without formal registration. Generally, copyright is enforced as a civil matter, though some jurisdictions do apply criminal sanctions.

Most jurisdictions recognize copyright limitations, allowing "fair" exceptions to the author's exclusivity of copyright, and giving users certain rights. The development of the Internet, digital media, computer network technologies, such as peer-to-peer filesharing, have prompted reinterpretation of these exceptions, introduced new difficulties in enforcing copyright, and inspired additional challenges to copyright law's philosophic basis. Simultaneously, businesses with great economic dependence upon copyright have advocated the extension and expansion of their copy rights, and sought additional legal and technological enforcement.

Obtaining and enforcing copyright
    Typically, a work must meet minimal standards of originality in order to qualify for copyright, and the copyright expires after a set period of time (some jurisdictions may allow this to be extended). Different countries impose different tests, although generally the requirements are low; in the United Kingdom there has to be some 'skill, labour and judgment,' that has gone into it. In Australia and the United Kingdom it has been held that a single word is insufficient to comprise a copyright work. However, single words or a short string of words can sometimes be registered as a trademark instead.

Copyright law recognises the right of an author based on whether the work actually is an original creation, rather than based on whether it is unique; two authors may own copyright on two substantially identical works, if it is determined that the duplication was coincidental, and neither was copied from the other.

In all countries where the Berne Convention standards apply, copyright is automatic, and need not be obtained through official registration with any government office. Once an idea has been reduced to tangible form, for example by securing it in a fixed medium (such as a drawing, sheet music, photograph, a videotape, or a computer file), the copyright holder is entitled to enforce his or her exclusive rights. However, while registration isn't needed to exercise copyright, in jurisdictions where the laws provide for registration, it serves as prima facie evidence of a valid copyright and enables the copyright holder to seek statutory damages and attorney's fees. (In the USA, registering after an infringement only enables one to receive actual damages and lost profits.)

The original holder of the copyright may be the employer of the author rather than the author himself, if the work is a "work for hire". For example, in English law the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 provides that if a copyrighted work is made by an employee in the course of that employment, the copyright is automatically owned by the employer as a "Work for Hire."

Copyrights are generally enforced by the holder in a civil law court, but there are also criminal infringement statutes in some jurisdictions. While central registries are kept in some countries, which aid in proving claims of ownership, registering does not necessarily prove ownership, nor does the fact of copying (even without permission) necessarily prove that copyright was infringed. Criminal sanctions are generally aimed at serious counterfeiting activity, but are now becoming more commonplace as copyright collectives such as the RIAA are increasingly targeting the file sharing home Internet user. Thus far, however, most such cases against file sharers have been settled out of court.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyrights#Justification

So for a copyright of file can only be granted if the file is made in a way noone else has made it with informations, photos (exept it's a photo from a single existing site). Like by a simple find only saying plane in the desert.

If it was so you could close down GEC and all the other sites around the world with finds from users.

We here at GEH has also made files (KMZ or StreetView) that has been uploaded at theit site after we have published them. This is OK, but it's more interesting to find your own.

thank you for your replys

best regards

MM