Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More oil well space?

Yeah, you're right about what's at issue just now. I do think daily quotas might help. Take pains to calculate the likely duration of an asset field's availability, given the number of players bothering to collect resources to fund such purchases.

Again, I think armies should cost something to billet at the home base, more when they're occupying cities, and also should cost by the mile to transport to cities. That cost would be the first indication that they're not doing the "drop in from space" thing. It would, IMO, "geography" (pronounced "eye" at the end) the game a bit, because cost would be an impediment to distant conquests. Regionalize, might be a better word. I think that's important. For simplicity, I guess you could make ocean travel about the same price and speed as land travel, though it'd be cool if you could leverage someone's KML to do real-world differentiation of ocean from land. I know, I know -- it'll come in time. :-)

There should be more cost to taking and keeping larger cities as well. That's realistic. And perhaps a city could suffer collateral damage -- and I think that'd be simple to calculate. For every troop-against-troop loss, there'd be some modicum of damage to the economy of a city. It could recover, given improvements in stability and careful cultivation of regional resources by the governing authorities. But if a battle had a realistic deleterious effect on a city and an occupying power's ability to extract taxes, it'd be interesting for a lot of reasons -- not the least among them being the encouragement of diplomacy. What good is conquering a town, if you know you'll be inheriting something that will need a lot of reconstruction and infrastructure repair? You might not only lose out on taxes, heck -- if the fight's bad (take a nuke, for example), you might end up having to pay something per capita just to make things recover. The economy could have a "cusp," beyond which it could spiral into chaos.

Something has to be done to make nuclear weapons (a) a deterrent, (b) not in the hands of rogue states (only superpowers), and rare. Heck, the world's just born and already proliferation is the norm. ;-)

I really don't like the idea of an kind of upkeep it just bugs me. I don't think that their should be any aoutmated thing that takes away your money because it would do the same thing as lowering oil production.

Thumbs down

Im sorry I find this new feature an enhancement, but totally unfair - nice to see the same old names god-whoring the game.

Whereas myself Im currently only on the compy mondays and fridays, im sure others have the same problems that when a new feature comes out, it is exploited quickly or am not around to see it quick enough.

Any room for the little guys please? Without them there is no future to this game.

i totaly agree its unfair the fact 1 the only way you can get an oil well is to let someone give you it or get an open one which is not often if not impossible so you got 0% chance of getting one.

i believe there should be a way of getting them off people like being able to attack them or buy them off them.

Also there is a lot of speculation about the amount of jewels Rascal has he seems to have a never ending supply of jewels and is unfairly taking over the game?

Default Wells, wells, wells!

Lo.OL My system is better, if they are going to be implemented hehehe. Citys with a production of jems and if u wanna spend wells, also read my post. Spend geos in a machine to search for oil in the ocean, then spend more geos (work is hard lol) so u can get the oil. If u take a look we are nothing compared with the ocean... =op

Snaky.

Thumbs down

My point is that there is no room for newer members, Rasqal and the like will continue to god-mod the game, so whats the point in trying to compete?

The world is a big place, isnt there enough resources for everyone?

We need to get this back to a single thread.

Rasqal and the like will continue to god-mod the game, so whats the point in trying to compete?
    That's not really a fair statement; there's no benefit to holding cities at this point. Rasqual is at the top of the list, but it doesn't really mean anything real right now. (Sorry to belittle your accomplishments, Rasq )

He can't drill more wells simply because he controls more cities. He can't buy more armies simply because he controls more cities. He doesn't get Geos or jewels or oil for his cities. His only real benefit to holding cities is that he has a place to stockpile troops under a nuke shield, and he could do that just as effectively with a single city.

His holding cities doesn't keep you from drilling or finding jewels or buying armies or taking over someone else's poorly-defended city.

I won't take pains to defend my besmirched honor, except to say that my hope for realism is all the more encouraged -- we seem to have full-blown class warfare already.

Let them eat cake, I say! ;-)

Actually, I was just advocating affirmative action for these ungrateful boors. Noblesse oblige and all, you know. ;-D

Just because we see pitfalls doesn't mean we are ungrateful.

I was engaging in self-lampoon, not genuine predication. ;-)