Thread: Changing Start Location - API

Hybrid View

Default Changing Start Location - API

Hello (google)Earth(hacks)!

Does anyone know how to change the start location of GE API? I would like it to start with a close view of my home area. I have done a lot of searching but not found the answer and can not write the code myself

I dont really want it to be a file, I would just like GE to start from that position when someone else sees it on my site, so basically when it loads up it shows that location.

Any help appreaciated or if you know anyone I could contact who might be able to help....

Thanks

Navigate to the view you want to set as your new starting location and then choose the menus:

View->Make this my start location

The selection is at the bottom of the View menu on my system.

Showing that I am a complete newbie to all of this, how do I put that start location on a website so when other people view an embedded version of GE on my site they will start from that location?

Once I know I can do this and how, then I can worry about the rest! I can put the plainest of GE on the website (copied from their website) but will have to learn how to add things to it.

This forum looks good for learning all this stuff, does anyone have any suggestions how or where it is best to learn adding functions or things to an embedded GE?

Thanks

Default Starting Location

I have changed my starting location by navigating where I want to start and selecting the menu item to make that my starting location. Now when I open Google Earth, it begins navigating to my new starting location, then about halfway there, it cuts off to the right and navigates to some point in the middle of the Atlantic. Whats up?

Scott, go to the side menu in GE and check under "Places" for a GE "Imagery Updates" and make sure it's not ticked.

Apart from that I can only suggest you make a start location somewhere else, then re-start GE and put your proper location back.