Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Huge Street View update

After pointing out to me the one update in Singapore, I've found two more there.

SINGAPORE:
    Esplanade Park
    Fort Canning Park

I've been doing more searching tonight and found:

UK:
    Stowe Golf Club (mostly the park rather than the course)
    Chapel House and Park Grounds (near Gibside)

Quote Originally Posted by Munden View Post
    Bushy Park (Richmond?)
    Usually addressed as Teddington, stretches to Hampton, Hampton Court and Hampton Wick.

Quote Originally Posted by sladys View Post
    Looks like since my last visit, they added huge areas of southern Brazil: Porto Alegre, Curitiba, Florianópolis and the like.

Here's Hercílio Luz Bridge in Florianópolis, Brazil's longest suspension bridge.

http://maps.google.com.br/maps?ll=-2...354.06,,0,1.55

When I try to embed street view, it doesn't shows it, only the map. Have the guys in Mountain View changed things without my permission???? XD
    Last edited by Crane; 11-11-2011 at 10:24 PM. Reason: can't embed street view, don't know what's happening

The Brazil update was back on September 28, yup. They didn't add vast amounts of Brazil in comparison to how much they have left, but it wasn't bad.

The "Six Flags Great America" imagery seems to be broken/corrupted/not loaded. Trying to drag the streetview man there gives the message "No Data Available". They covered a decent part of the park and you can see the blue lines on google maps where the imagery would be, but it won't load.
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

They might have removed it. This is similar to what happened before when they yanked the two Belgian images that accidentally got included earlier this year. They've removed things before because of errors, such as when they removed the first Vigeland State Park imagery. Those pictures were all rotated 180 degrees. Maybe there was some similar problem with the Great America images. I didn't bother to really look at that sort of thing when I spotted it. I'll wait a few days and see if it comes back; if it doesn't come back, I'll have to delete the shot I posted from that spot.

Belgium has been added.

I'm not seeing other big updates like that, but I'm sure there are more updates out there.

Japan coverage has been expanded. They mentioned several weeks ago that they were focusing on getting the area hit by the tsunami waves into Street View, and that's what they've done today. These updates are along the eastern coast and a few up on the northern end of Honshu, the main island.

Much of the cleanup has clearly been under way for a while, but you can still see places where work is being done. More than ever, this makes me wish we could see Street View history since some of these areas were covered previously.

In addition to the Japanese update, Google finished the Balearic Islands by adding Ibiza and Formentera. Also the Canary islands are now completely in Street View. (that involved adding at least 3 of the islands)

I'm looking for more updates. (sorry, Polish readers. You haven't been added yet apparently)

South Korea was added. Thus far it's only Seoul and Busan. They haven't mentioned other updates, but I'd not be surprised if they did put in other stuff.

I was already working on a 45-degree update and now they do this.

Yes, I can confirm they've replaced old fuzzy Street View in the Los Angeles area with brand new imagery with the latest camera. Enjoy looking for more updates!

I've also noticed new imagery scattered around in Italy such as in Arqua Petrarca.

They have done the Brighton Pier too.

Yup, it was added back around November 1 of last year with a lot of the other parks and piers.

http://www.gearthhacks.com/streetvie...p?fileid=11914

٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶