Thread: Landmark Trust discussion

Default Landmark Trust discussion

This is a discussion thread for the following file:

Landmark Trust

Fancy staying in a 13th century castle? How about an 18th century manor?

The Landmark Trust is a British building preservation charity. They buy and restore old buildings, and then rent them out for a week/weekend to people for holidays. These buildings can be far out into the country or even in the middle of London. Most of the properties are in the UK, but there are some in both Italy and the USA. There are some properties on the Channel Islands, and quite a few on Lundy Island.

The properties also cover a wide range of sizes from sleeping 2 up to 17, and they also cover a wide range of construction years from a 13th century castle through manors from the 17th century and on through Victorian times. There's only one 'modern' building in their list, Anderton House. Only a few of the buildings are ever open to the public for tours. (those that are open, do not allow the public into your sleeping areas of course)

These placemarks are on each site and include relevant information which is as recent as the information I have. Some placemarks might not be quite placed precisely and some of the newer properties are missing information.

As I am NOT affiliated with the Landmark Trust, it's always best to check with their website and gorgeous property book before making any serious decisions about where to stay.

Updated the Lundy Island collection now that the island is in high resolution.

I've made quite a lot of updates recently. The Landmark Trust website has been updated quite a lot with lots of excellent information, including good pictures of each location. Some placemarks are fixed to reflect the proper locations of a few places I had wrong, but all placemarks except the ones in the USA are updated with the new links and pictures.

The USA locations have their own webpage which doesn't match the same level of information as the European ones.