Thread: Romanee Conti, the unique vineyard discussion

Super Moderator

Default Romanee Conti, the unique vineyard discussion

This is a discussion thread for the following file:

Romanee Conti, the unique vineyard

And so unique! here is the most expensive vineyard in the world, and, may be the most expensive field in the world, designated to agriculture activity.

from "this piece of land" of 18 000M2 square, each year,is produced around 6000 bottles of Burgundy vine named Romanée conti. One of the most appreciated and expensive as well.

to obtain only one bottle, it´s very easy...

You firstly must buy a box of twelve bottles. Only one of them is the Romanée Conti wine. The others are wines of the same producer, not so much appreciated and a little bit cheaper.

The most prestigious wine shops in the world are not allowed by the producer, to sell the Romanée conti as they want. It must be sold to the only best known clients of his shop. The reason is that the producer doesn´t want his wine to become a coleccionista product, but a most exclusive wine made for persons who know what they are drinking.

A little part of the 6000 bottles are also for the best restaurants in the world.

If you are interested to taste it, the price of a bottle is only of 1345€+ V.A.T. if the producer wants to sell you it, of course.

So, in conclusion, the value of this "piece of land" is a little more than 8 millions of Euros.

Super Moderator

On nov. 9th. 2007 there was a wine taste arrangement at the danish Hotel d'Angleterre in Copenhagen. Among the wines they offered was a Romanee Conti wine for a price of 8000€ (60.000 DKK). The participants had to pay 1.000€ to gather the arrangement.

From this wineyard area only 1 %, around 8 bottles are exported to Denmark.

About this event (in danish)
    http://pleasure.dk/gourmet/artikel/128318/

Wowiee that's expensive. I'm sure my dad would be interested...if it were free. =D
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

Talking Hello and happy new year!

Thank you very much for the link, Sladys. unfortunately, I don´t speak danish.
    Whatever, I suppose that they speak about all the wines of the producer, its qualities, its taste, flavours....
    I found the link of Wikipedia about this wine. here it is:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domaine...n%C3%A9e-Conti

Spider, of course, I would like to taste it, as well ...free.

By the way, I´m searching various places about the most exclusives products. Is there something very "special" in Denmark and massachusetts?
    Bye, ¡hasta pronto!