Thread: Lock up when trying to upload a file

Default Lock up when trying to upload a file

Every time I try to upload a file the site hard locks Firefox when the open file dialog box appears and I have to use task manager to shut down Firefox. Is this a known issue? Any fix? Or do you need more information?

I've not heard of anyone else having this problem. It's unlikely to be a problem with the site, because that'd be a tough trick to accomplish even if we wanted to.

Try a different browser on your PC and see what happens. Let us know. Thanks, and sorry for the trouble.

It worked in IE 7. I have no idea why I was having problems with Firefox 3.04.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
    It worked in IE 7. I have no idea why I was having problems with Firefox 3.04.
    Very strange. I use FF 3.0.4 on a few different PCs and don't have any problems.

Are you able to upload files to other sites?

I have never had a problem uploading files using Firefox on any other site. In fact, the only reason I even have installed IE 7 is because some websites require you to use it. If I ever figure out what the problem I am having is I will let you know.

It could have to do with the file type themselves. Your files seem to be image overlays. Try uploading a regular placemark..it will probably work.
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾Ľ̃̾)۶

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderX22 View Post
    It could have to do with the file type themselves. Your files seem to be image overlays. Try uploading a regular placemark..it will probably work.
    The lock up occurs when the "Choose File" window opens immediately after I select "browse" on the "upload a file" page. Firefox immediately starts taking up 100% of the CPU time on one of my CPUs and the only way I can get rid of the "Choose file" window is to use task manager to shut down Firefox. Interestingly, task manager informs me that Firefox is waiting for my input and has not stopped responding, although I cant select anything in the "Choose File" window or even use the other Firefox windows I have open.