Thread: Lost my Place in Google Earth

Default Lost my Place in Google Earth

I need some help. I had to replace my hard drive on my computer and I had to reinstall Google Earth on the new hard drive. In doing this I lost all the places I had on the old Google Earth on the other hard drive.

I can still access the other hard drive and all the files. I am trying to find the file that has all the places that stores all this info so I can transfer it to the new hard drive.

Can anyone help me?

Search for "myplaces.kml" in the "Documents and Settings" folders and restore it the same place on your new drive.

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    Search for "myplaces.kml" in the "Documents and Settings" folders and restore it the same place on your new drive.
    I did a search of the hard drive and that file does not exist. The only thing close to that is a file called default_myplaces.kml and I have 11 of them. I don't think that is the files i am looking for.

Are you sure that is the correct name.

I found it. For some reason the search feature would not search my "Application Data" directory.

Thank you very very much.

Yes, sorry, i forgot to mention you have to enable "Search System Folders" (or something like that) in your folder settings.

(Just i case anyone else need that...; )