Thread: What are you reading right now?

Hybrid View

Question What are you reading right now?

Anyone reading a good book? if not, got a favourite? let us know!

I'm about half way through 'The Rolling Stone Interviews' - Jan S. Wenner.

It was a christmas present from a friend, and I'm it finding absolutely fascinating, the list of interviews includes: Pete Townshend, Jim Morrison, Phil Spector, John Lennon, Ray Charles, Truman Capote, Johnny Cash, Niel Young, Oriana Fallaci, Brian Wilson, George Lucas, Johnny Carson, Joni Mitchell, Francis Coppola, Tom Wolfe, Jack Nicholson, Bill Murray, Clint Eastwood, Eric Clapton, Tina Turner, Robin Williams, Leonard Bernstein, Spike Lee, Jerry Garcia, Axl Rose, Bruce Springsteen, David Letterman, David Geffen, Kurt Cobain, Courtney Love, Mick Jagger, Patti Smith, Dr. Hunter S. Thompson, Bill Clinton, The Dalai Llama, Bob Dylan, Ozzy Osbourne, Keith Richards, Eminem, Bono

Highly recommended!

Besides this forum, I'm reading Chemistry - The Central Science, 10th ed.

Okay, that's a joke. That's my Chemistry textbook, so don't actually go buy it, since you'll probably scream when you see the price tag.

The last actual book I read was "Waterworld" by Max Allan Collins, which is the book adaption of the most boring film ever made. I figured since the movie, which was 4 hours of ... water, was absolutely a flop, I'd read the book. The book was actually quite good, for an action/adventure kind of book. It had a kind of thrill reading it, since it brought back memories of the film and cleared up what actually happened in the film.

The last book before that, which was awhile ago, was "Steal this Book" by Abbie Hoffman. It has it's own wikipedia page, as is pretty darn weird in it's own right. I originally got it while I was in a American history class, but never got around to reading it. Most of it is outdated, as it relates to an era in history that has passed (most of the phone numbers in the book are to something else now, and many of the stores referenced are no longer in existence). It's still a good read, especially if you are interested in the counterculture of the 20th century. Content, as according to wikipedia:

The book includes advice on such topics as growing marijuana starting a pirate radio tation, living in a commune, stealing food, shoplifting, stealing credit cards, preparing a legal defense, making pipe bombs, and obtaining a free buffalofrom the US Department of Interior. It discusses various tactics of fighting as well as giving a detailed list of affordable and easy ways to find weapons and armor that can be used in the event of a confrontation with law enforcement. The book advocates rebelling against authority in all forms, governmental and corporate.

If you try anything in this book and get in trouble for it...it's your fault.
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

Speaking of "Steal this Book"

May I present the modern equivalent, "Steal this Wiki":

http://wiki.stealthiswiki.org/wiki/Table_of_Contents
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderX22 View Post
    Besides this forum, I'm reading Chemistry - The Central Science, 10th ed.
    Sounds perfect for putting people to sleep if anyone wants my uni physics books you're welcome to them!

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderX22 View Post
    Speaking of "Steal this Book"

May I present the modern equivalent, "Steal this Wiki":

http://wiki.stealthiswiki.org/wiki/Table_of_Contents
    Great book & great site!

the complete works of carlos castanada and "critical mass, the true story of the atomic bomb" by hydrick carter

I'm reading a **** Francis mystery novel Under Orders

I just finished the latest Andrew Gross book, Don't Look Twice. It's almost as good as his other two, The Blue Zone and The Dark Tide.

Cool Hi all

Harry Potter books series.....

Enjoy.....

Duh!!! Lord of the rings. I own several copies hard cover and soft. VSH and DVD.

Although lately I have been enjoying Doctor Who on PBS. Haven't read any of the books.

Read all of the Harry Potter books and seen all of the films to date.

My favotie book (novel) of all times is Lord of the Flies. by William Golding.
    Elfish for my true name
    Findecáno Táralóm

My mind works better in sentences with spaces and long paragraphs loose me sometimes cause I need to picture what is going on at the same time I am reading.