Thread: Down loads

Default Down loads

need help and am at the stone wall.
    1. have down loaded google earth a dozen times. what i get is a world with the land mass in colored dots, and the whole screen changes to bad colors.
    sometimes i get a 3/4 white circle, and the screen has bad colors.
    2. google earth viewer down loads OK, butt none of the sites work, or only some work sometimes.
    3. i paid google to increase my computer speed by 300%. no change in speed, and have not been able to find out how to start or turn it on.
    4. i paid google for 3 years of help, and have sent a number of e-mails with my problems, and replied to google Tech replies, which they keep telling me how to down load the google viewer. looks like a form letter. why don't they just say they don't know what is wrong.
    5. this computer is about 6 months old. i have spoke to 5 computer repair shops with no help. have changed the video card to a 512, has not helped either. i have run 3 virus and spy ware programs. did a complete diagnostic on the computer. everything checked out.
    6. any help in these matters would be great.

I think I might be able to help you with 1, the others I would need to be in front of the PC to solve.

When you install Google Earth, it puts a folder in your "All programs" menu in your start menu, there is the default "Google Earth" shortcut, but there's also "Start Google Earth in OpenGL" and "Start Google Earth in DirectX" - it starts in DirectX mode by default, but some video cards aren't compatible with this mode - try starting it in OpenGL mode and see if that improves things.

Regarding some of your other problems, I suggest you pick up a phone & call google, if you have paid them they should be giving you phone support rather than emailing you the FAQs.

Good luck & welcome to the site!

Default Down loads

Thanks, I had tried GL before, didn't help. As for phone calls, none of the 3 phone numbers got me Thur. I think they don't want to talk to people. first no. you needed an ext. or a person's name. 2ND one, said not accessible from your area, i live in Alaska, and the 3Th, was busy 24 hours a day.

How about some specs on your computer? "6 months old" is meaningless.
    I have an existential map; it has 'you are here' written all over it.

You diffidently need to get a hold of google, cause that's just isn't right for them to do that. If you have msn messenger send me an email on PM on here with you email and I"ll see what I can do to help you.

Default Down loads

Quote Originally Posted by tpstigers View Post
    How about some specs on your computer? "6 months old" is meaningless.
    HP, a6319fh, PC, Pentium duel core, 4g memory, 360g hard drive, 512m DDR, 15 in 1 card reader. 19" LCD Monitor.
    It is hard to believe that no one else has had this problem.

The only things I can think of:
    What version of Google Earth are you downloading? Some of the older versions are glitchy...

Clear your cache, both the memory and disk cache.

Increase your cache size.. (mines at 500mb Memory, and 2000mb Disk).

Is your Google Earth firewalled? If the connection between GE and the server doesn't work, nothing will load. (there should be an error message though).

Does it have to do with the "Texture Colors" setting in the options of GE? Mines at 32 bit and compressed...

Otherwise I'm clueless...
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾Ľ̃̾)۶

Default google earth

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderX22 View Post
    The only things I can think of:
    What version of Google Earth are you downloading? Some of the older versions are glitchy...

Clear your cache, both the memory and disk cache.

Increase your cache size.. (mines at 500mb Memory, and 2000mb Disk).

Is your Google Earth firewalled? If the connection between GE and the server doesn't work, nothing will load. (there should be an error message though).

Does it have to do with the "Texture Colors" setting in the options of GE? Mines at 32 bit and compressed...

Otherwise I'm clueless...
    Cache size fine, turned firewall off. forgot to mention, i start at 32 bits in GL, but it changes to 8 bits. my power supply was 250 watts, today i installed a 610 watt power supply, didn't help either. I will back up everything tonight and tomorrow a friend who works at a computer repair shop will wipe out the computer and reinstall vista. If that don't work, I'll have to get another computer. Strange, but everything works fine, except google earth and google viewer. Google maps/ GPS works fine. I have google on the desk top and google updater, can't see where they would have any effect on google earth/viewer installing.
    (added) There is only one google earth, 5.0. they list 4.3, when you click on it, it down loads 5.0. I had 4.3 plus before and wanted to upgrade to 5.0 is how this all started. 4.3 plus was deleted before i installed 5.0. what a misstake that was. $ 20.00 for plus and $ 50.86 for 3 year unlimited VIP access and incressed speed by 300%. VIP access, HA HA, what a joke. Enough to bring a tear.
    Last edited by jackoo; 03-08-2009 at 05:33 AM. Reason: Added more info.

Can you post some screenshots? Can you tell if it is downloading imagery from Google?

Also, what is Google Viewer? You talk about Google Earth and Google Viewer????

Also do any of these work? http://code.google.com/apis/earth/do...mogallery.html

Matt
    Matt Fox

Default google earth

Quote Originally Posted by Forkboy2 View Post
    Can you post some screenshots? Can you tell if it is downloading imagery from Google?

Also, what is Google Viewer? You talk about Google Earth and Google Viewer????

Also do any of these work? http://code.google.com/apis/earth/do...mogallery.html

Matt
    1. lately i am getting a white circle. back ground is black. all of the stuff on the top and side of the screen is there where its supposed to be. don't have a land mass anymore with colored spots. have used different web sites that are listed on google earth. where could it be coming from if not google and the 6 or 8 web sites.
    2. google viewer is an earth, has a list on right side of screen. most viewed was the one i tried. you click on great wall of china, and it takes you there, other things listed are famous places, houses, etc.
    3. yes all of them worked, and some others i found also worked.
    4. i have about given up. i payed for a service and have not received it. VIP service, no less, and increase the speed of my computer by 300%. will try to get my money back, but would like to talk to some body high up to let them know about the shoddy service i received. do you have any good phone numbers? maybe its like everything else, just going to hell. HP problem, have to speak to somebody in India, who's English is lacking. maybe that's where google earth help is also. it is mind boggling to think that i am the only one to have this problem.
    5. i you send me a P M with an e-mail address I'll try to send you a screen shot.

Default google earth problems

I gave up, couldn't fix it, so got a new computer. works great and no problems.
    After reading google earth help today, i find out google earth viewpoint is a scam from panama. good reason it didn't work. they also said if it don't say google.com its not from google.
    Want to thank everyone that tried to help me.