Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 72

Thread: 4000 Foot Hole in Christchurch Airport discussion

  1. #1
    Google Earth Explorer T.Dooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    379

    Default 4000 Foot Hole in Christchurch Airport discussion

    This is a discussion thread for the following file:

    4000 Foot Hole in Christchurch Airport

    Hehe, turn on your terrain. A HUGE hole at the airport. Sucks to be a plane here...


  2. #2
    Google Earth Explorer T.Dooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Must be for serving aircrafts with water landing gear
    Are you uptight, get downloose! Why not try a GE file - Also downloadable at GEC and http://ge.dooley.dk - Tom Kjeldsen


  3. #3
    ṨῤἵḋểṙẊƻƻ SpiderX22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    3,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T.Dooley View Post
    Must be for serving aircrafts with water landing gear
    Took me awhile to understand this. I have my water shade color set as inverted (as can be seen in the screenshot) so it is the same color as the ground. I set my water color back to default and relooked at this and realized...that in fact you are right...there is a lake in the middle of the airport...a very deep, irregular shaped lake. =D
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾Ľ̃̾)۶

  4. #4
    Member avrilismymom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T.Dooley View Post
    Must be for serving aircrafts with water landing gear
    I just had a thought, it's got that shiny stuff on it like the oceans do, maybe it's an interdimensional wormhole of some kind. But if that was the case, you'd think they would turn the place into another Area 51...

  5. #5
    Google Earth Explorer T.Dooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by avrilismymom View Post
    I just had a thought, it's got that shiny stuff on it like the oceans do, maybe it's an interdimensional wormhole of some kind. But if that was the case, you'd think they would turn the place into another Area 51...
    Always wondered why area 51. Maybe this is area 52 or even area 11?! Or area -51 since it's on the other side of the world opposit to area 51.



    Are you uptight, get downloose! Why not try a GE file - Also downloadable at GEC and http://ge.dooley.dk - Tom Kjeldsen


  6. #6
    Member avrilismymom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    73

    Default Area 51 Portal

    Quote Originally Posted by T.Dooley View Post
    Always wondered why area 51. Maybe this is area 52 or even area 11?! Or area -51 since it's on the other side of the world opposit to area 51.
    I think this could actually explain Area 51 since they're on opposite sides of the planet. I guess if we're going to import some "foreign" aircraft, why not do it through the planet instead of just straight onto the planet? After all, nobody's watching New Zealand for any UFOs, are they?
    Last edited by avrilismymom; 04-13-2009 at 11:35 PM. Reason: grammatical error

  7. #7
    Google Earth Explorer T.Dooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by avrilismymom View Post
    ...why not do it through the planet instead of just straight onto the planet?
    And regular scheduled flights would have new options and opportunities for route planning to long distance destinations
    Are you uptight, get downloose! Why not try a GE file - Also downloadable at GEC and http://ge.dooley.dk - Tom Kjeldsen


  8. #8
    Member avrilismymom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T.Dooley View Post
    And regular scheduled flights would have new options and opportunities for route planning to long distance destinations
    Would certainly save a lot on fuel that way.

  9. #9
    ṨῤἵḋểṙẊƻƻ SpiderX22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    3,911

    Default

    Don't forget the wonderful views! =D
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾Ľ̃̾)۶

  10. #10
    Google Earth Explorer T.Dooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderX22 View Post
    Don't forget the wonderful views! =D
    Indeed!

    Are you uptight, get downloose! Why not try a GE file - Also downloadable at GEC and http://ge.dooley.dk - Tom Kjeldsen


  11. #11
    Member avrilismymom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Now there's where you can say you've been to hell and back!

    Quote Originally Posted by T.Dooley View Post
    Indeed!


  12. #12
    Google Earth Explorer T.Dooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by avrilismymom View Post
    Now there's where you can say you've been to hell and back!
    A hell of a flight (is that swearing? sorry if)
    Are you uptight, get downloose! Why not try a GE file - Also downloadable at GEC and http://ge.dooley.dk - Tom Kjeldsen


  13. #13
    Member avrilismymom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T.Dooley View Post
    A hell of a flight (is that swearing? sorry if)


    I just wonder if there would be any layovers; after all, it's an 8,000 mile flight through the whole planet.

  14. #14
    Google Earth Explorer T.Dooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by avrilismymom View Post


    I just wonder if there would be any layovers; after all, it's an 8,000 mile flight through the whole planet.
    So far we only know for a fact from GE that the hole is about 4000 feet deep.

    Beyond that I assume the theory is more or less an open discussion of wormhole functionality or that the hole physically continues to 'the other side' possibly ending up at area 51...

    If the hole physically is a hole (in a straight line) through the planet, I see no problem in just showing a film, lower the heat and serve some snacks.

    Most wormholes I have seen (!) takes only seconds to transit.
    Are you uptight, get downloose! Why not try a GE file - Also downloadable at GEC and http://ge.dooley.dk - Tom Kjeldsen


  15. #15
    Member avrilismymom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T.Dooley View Post
    So far we only know for a fact from GE that the hole is about 4000 feet deep. Beyond that I assume the theory is more or less an open discussion of wormhole functionality or that the hole physically continues to 'the other side' possibly ending up at area 51...
    Actually, you're right. Being it a wormhole, though, just wonder where the other end of it is?

    Quote Originally Posted by T.Dooley View Post
    If the hole physically is a hole (in a straight line) through the planet, I see no problem in just showing a film, lower the heat and serve some snacks. Most wormholes I have seen (!) takes only seconds to transit.
    Again, you're right. The trip would take only a few seconds. But assuming that if it was a tunnel all the way from here to Area 51, and given enough time, I wonder what the in-flight movie would be? If not the one you suggested, maybe this one, for example?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •