Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 4000 Foot Hole in Christchurch Airport discussion

Default 4000 Foot Hole in Christchurch Airport discussion

This is a discussion thread for the following file:

4000 Foot Hole in Christchurch Airport

Hehe, turn on your terrain. A HUGE hole at the airport. Sucks to be a plane here...

Must be for serving aircrafts with water landing gear
    Are you uptight, get downloose! Why not try a GE file - Also downloadable at GEC and http://ge.dooley.dk - Tom Kjeldsen

Quote Originally Posted by T.Dooley View Post
    Took me awhile to understand this. I have my water shade color set as inverted (as can be seen in the screenshot) so it is the same color as the ground. I set my water color back to default and relooked at this and realized...that in fact you are right...there is a lake in the middle of the airport...a very deep, irregular shaped lake. =D
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾Ľ̃̾)۶

I just had a thought, it's got that shiny stuff on it like the oceans do, maybe it's an interdimensional wormhole of some kind. But if that was the case, you'd think they would turn the place into another Area 51...

Quote Originally Posted by avrilismymom View Post
    I just had a thought, it's got that shiny stuff on it like the oceans do, maybe it's an interdimensional wormhole of some kind. But if that was the case, you'd think they would turn the place into another Area 51...
    Always wondered why area 51. Maybe this is area 52 or even area 11?! Or area -51 since it's on the other side of the world opposit to area 51.

Are you uptight, get downloose! Why not try a GE file - Also downloadable at GEC and http://ge.dooley.dk - Tom Kjeldsen

Default Area 51 Portal

Always wondered why area 51. Maybe this is area 52 or even area 11?! Or area -51 since it's on the other side of the world opposit to area 51.
    I think this could actually explain Area 51 since they're on opposite sides of the planet. I guess if we're going to import some "foreign" aircraft, why not do it through the planet instead of just straight onto the planet? After all, nobody's watching New Zealand for any UFOs, are they?
    Last edited by avrilismymom; 04-13-2009 at 11:35 PM. Reason: grammatical error

...why not do it through the planet instead of just straight onto the planet?
    And regular scheduled flights would have new options and opportunities for route planning to long distance destinations

And regular scheduled flights would have new options and opportunities for route planning to long distance destinations
    Would certainly save a lot on fuel that way.

Don't forget the wonderful views! =D
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾Ľ̃̾)۶

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderX22 View Post
    Don't forget the wonderful views! =D
    Indeed!

Now there's where you can say you've been to hell and back!

Indeed!

Now there's where you can say you've been to hell and back!
    A hell of a flight (is that swearing? sorry if)

A hell of a flight (is that swearing? sorry if)

I just wonder if there would be any layovers; after all, it's an 8,000 mile flight through the whole planet.

I just wonder if there would be any layovers; after all, it's an 8,000 mile flight through the whole planet.
    So far we only know for a fact from GE that the hole is about 4000 feet deep.

Beyond that I assume the theory is more or less an open discussion of wormhole functionality or that the hole physically continues to 'the other side' possibly ending up at area 51...

If the hole physically is a hole (in a straight line) through the planet, I see no problem in just showing a film, lower the heat and serve some snacks.

Most wormholes I have seen (!) takes only seconds to transit.

So far we only know for a fact from GE that the hole is about 4000 feet deep. Beyond that I assume the theory is more or less an open discussion of wormhole functionality or that the hole physically continues to 'the other side' possibly ending up at area 51...
    Actually, you're right. Being it a wormhole, though, just wonder where the other end of it is?

If the hole physically is a hole (in a straight line) through the planet, I see no problem in just showing a film, lower the heat and serve some snacks. Most wormholes I have seen (!) takes only seconds to transit.
    Again, you're right. The trip would take only a few seconds. But assuming that if it was a tunnel all the way from here to Area 51, and given enough time, I wonder what the in-flight movie would be? If not the one you suggested, maybe this one, for example?