Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 4000 Foot Hole in Christchurch Airport discussion

Quote Originally Posted by avrilismymom View Post
    Actually, you're right. Being it a wormhole, though, just wonder where the other end of it is?
    Current wormhole science, available to public knowledge, do not, in theory, reject the possibility of entrance and exit being as close as 8000 miles which equals 2,15Î10-17 = 0,0000000000000000215 Light year. Although it most likely will be (much) further apart for a "normal" wormhole. Another problem, if it is a wormhole, is that there may be a time and clock problem, so there may not be enough time to see the movie. Or you may even end up stepping back in time never reaching THE END! (of the movie...)

...what the in-flight movie would be? If not the one you suggested, maybe this one, for example?
    Yes, 20000 Leagues Under the Sea is certainly a good film and an even better, not to say fantastic book. I would enjoy that one cruising over and through lava landscapes
    Are you uptight, get downloose! Why not try a GE file - Also downloadable at GEC and http://ge.dooley.dk - Tom Kjeldsen

Quote Originally Posted by T.Dooley View Post
    Current wormhole science, available to public knowledge, do not, in theory, reject the possibility of entrance and exit being as close as 8000 miles which equals 2,15Î10-17 = 0,0000000000000000215 Light year. Although it most likely will be (much) further apart for a "normal" wormhole.
    Certainly, in the grand scheme of things in the entire universe, constructing a wormhole to travel only 8,000 miles would probably be a waste given the likely technological capability that any spacefaring alien society has at this point. For one to travel 8,000 miles by ordinary means would probably be no more difficult than walking from your living room to the bedroom, for example.

Another problem, if it is a wormhole, is that there may be a time and clock problem, so there may not be enough time to see the movie. Or you may even end up stepping back in time never reaching THE END! (of the movie...)
    Quite interesting, and that suggests a lot of things. What if one was to go through the wormhole repeatedly, if it meant going back in time repeatedly, for example? And if one went as far as to meet or intervene with one's earlier self going into the wormhole at an earlier point? I think "Doc" from the Back to the Future movies said that would be a time travel paradox.

Yes, 20000 Leagues Under the Sea is certainly a good film and an even better, not to say fantastic book. I would enjoy that one cruising over and through lava landscapes
    There is also another movie that is related to this, where an American spaceship from the future is discovered at the bottom of the ocean, which had entered a wormhole of some kind and time traveled to earth's past.

For one to travel 8,000 miles by ordinary means would probably be no more difficult than walking from your living room to the bedroom, for example.
    Actually, from time to time it can be rather difficult to get from any room to your bed room

Quite interesting, and that suggests a lot of things. What if one was to go through the wormhole repeatedly, if it meant going back in time repeatedly, for example? And if one went as far as to meet or intervene with one's earlier self going into the wormhole at an earlier point? I think "Doc" from the Back to the Future movies said that would be a time travel paradox.
    Lets hope that most wormholes, no matter size, has a forward time/clock ajustment if actual. It makes it's much easier. To travel back in time has always been a hard mental execise.

There is also another movie that is related to this, where an American spaceship from the future is discovered at the bottom of the ocean, which had entered a wormhole of some kind and time traveled to earth's past.
    I'll consider renting it to see if theres any references to Christchurch
    Are you uptight, get downloose! Why not try a GE file - Also downloadable at GEC and http://ge.dooley.dk - Tom Kjeldsen

Actually, from time to time it can be rather difficult to get from any room to your bed room
    I agree for my own sake. Sometimes it's even hard to get out of the couch.

Lets hope that most wormholes, no matter size, has a forward time/clock ajustment if actual. It makes it's much easier. To travel back in time has always been a hard mental execise.
    I guess it just depends on what options you opt for when buying the ticket for your flight.

I'll consider renting it to see if theres any references to Christchurch
    The movie is set in the Pacific Ocean, which New Zealand is next to... right? If I know my geography?

I agree for my own sake. Sometimes it's even hard to get out of the couch.

Agree!

I guess it just depends on what options you opt for when buying the ticket for your flight.

Sure!

How did you get a picture of me when I was a kid?

Where does the wormhole for Area 51 come out? Are there any Vegas tours included?

How did you get a picture of me when I was a kid?
    Talked to Avril... What are Mom's for

Where does the wormhole for Area 51 come out?
    Sorry that's classified.

Are there any Vegas tours included?
    It'snt there always? By the way, I tend to believe that a trip with 'Earth Core Airlines' could be a bit of a Russian roulette...

Default Mj-12

Talked to Avril... What are Mom's for
    Yeah, I suppose I'm the one that should've thought of that one sooner than everyone else

Sorry that's classified.
    On the other hand, if they (Area 51 and the wormhole we're talking about) can be found on GE, they can't be altogether too classified...

It'snt there always? By the way, I tend to believe that a trip with 'Earth Core Airlines' could be a bit of a Russian roulette...
    Russian Roulette? I hope that's not in the way of the other end of the wormhole moving from time to time... maybe it switches from time to time between Area 51 and say, Roswell, New Mexico?

On the other hand, if they (Area 51 and the wormhole we're talking about) can be found on GE, they can't be altogether too classified...
    'Area 51' only generates about 78 millions hit on a google search and 'Wormhole in Christchurch' only about 1900 hits Altogether this sums up to about 78.001.900 and must lead to the conclusion the neither of them for themselves are particularly classified . But try a search for 'The Wormhole in Christchurch and related exit coordinates in area 51' (with quotes) and you only get about 43 (rather irrelevant) hits!! This must be a bit classified

Russian Roulette? I hope that's not in the way of the other end of the wormhole moving from time to time... maybe it switches from time to time between Area 51 and say, Roswell, New Mexico?
    Well, I will never hope this wormhole travel will come across a Vietnam bambus hut and an six bullet gun. Still one of my (and the late 70'ties) most impressive films. My point was in the direction of that if there could be a probability of that the wormhole could have an bit of a random exit; Area51, Area52, Roswell, Russia, Outer space or Las Vegas...

But try a search for 'The Wormhole in Christchurch and related exit coordinates in area 51' (with quotes) and you only get about 43 (rather irrelevant) hits!! This must be a bit classified
    So that makes you, me, and 41 other people who know about the "Christchurch Wormhole". Being this the case, what do we call ourselves (Majestic 43?) and what is our purpose besides that of the wormhole?

My point was in the direction of that if there could be a probability of that the wormhole could have an bit of a random exit; Area51, Area52, Roswell, Russia, Outer space or Las Vegas...
    Quite true. The other end of the wormhole has not been indicated or actually found. So, perhaps as a hint to the passengers, the movie in question could be played, sorta like an announcement saying "from Christcurch to all points beyond". But then that brings about the question potentially of being able to inhabit more than one location at the same time. I don't really know all that much on the subject or even what subject exactly other than it might be dimensional shifting (?) and if the human race is capable of such thing yet or at all.

...and what is our purpose besides that of the wormhole?
    So wisely put, You must be a philosopher, and my final answer must be "I have no idea"

Quite true. The other end of the wormhole has not been indicated or actually found.
    Not yet!!

...So, perhaps as a hint to the passengers, the movie in question could be played, sorta like an announcement saying "from Christcurch to all points beyond". But then that brings about the question potentially of being able to inhabit more than one location at the same time. I don't really know all that much on the subject or even what subject exactly other than it might be dimensional shifting (?) and if the human race is capable of such thing yet or at all.
    Recommended on civil passenger flights a disclaimer is mandatory: "This, the transportation you has chosen to choose, can not be sued if you burn up in the center of the earth or end up somewhere else that you expected. Of course we guarantee at a 99% rate that your luggage will be somewhere else, or late, or burned..."

Most public information on wormholes actually indicate that this will take reeeeeeaaaally long time before we can construct and control a local one. And like you, I have not clue of 'dimensional shifting' and other of those fascinating theories.

Well I guess this thread will be replied on, some 2 to 7 hundred years from now when 'dimensional shifting' and 'local wormhole travels' are a daily routine. I'll check back then...
    Last edited by T.Dooley; 04-19-2009 at 06:29 AM. Reason: spelling error

Not yet!!

Recommended on civil passenger flights a disclaimer is madatory: "This, the transportation you has chosen to choose, can not be sued if you burn up in the center of the earth or end up somewhere else that you expected. Of course we guarantee at a 99% rate that your luggage will be somewhere else, or late, or burned..."
    Now, I wonder what the advertising campain would be like for an airline like this.

Most public information on wormholes actually indicate that this will take reeeeeeaaaally long time before we can construct and control a local one. And like you, I have not clue of 'dimensional shifting' and other of those fascinating theories.

Well I guess this thread will be replied on, some 2 to 7 hundred years from now when 'dimensional shifting' and 'local wormhole travels' are a daily routine. I'll check back then...
    Are you sure we don't already have the technology to do so, whether it's being harvested at Area 51 or at Wright-Patterson Base in Ohio? And I'm sure the aliens helping us at both places have already developed the medical technology to extend one's longevity well past 100 Earth years.

Now, I wonder what the advertising campain would be like for an airline like this.

Something like this?

Are you sure we don't already have the technology to do so, whether it's being harvested at Area 51 or at Wright-Patterson Base in Ohio? And I'm sure the aliens helping us at both places have already developed the medical technology to extend one's longevity well past 100 Earth years.
    Of course we have the technology! It's just not public, and in a world where you can patent allmost everything, it may take decades before every man has his own wormhole. On the other hand, given the 'medical longevity extension' you mention, who care how long we gotta wait

Something like this?
    Yes of course, and there would be a number of options involved, including but not limited to:

• Type of aircraft travelled in, as well as business/coach/first class, etc.

• Scenery/Vacation spots such as the beach scene

• Since it's a "one way trip" from earth, what you want the airlines to tell your friends

Of course we have the technology! It's just not public, and in a world where you can patent allmost everything, it may take decades before every man has his own wormhole.
    You never know, actually. Might be sooner than that depending on how profitable a wormhole is to whoever's involved or interested or whatever.

On the other hand, given the 'medical longevity extension' you mention, who care how long we gotta wait
    Somewhat of a reference to the debate about the question of whether one wants to be immortal.

You never know, actually. Might be sooner than that depending on how profitable a wormhole is to whoever's involved or interested or whatever.
    What I'm worried about is that private construction contractors building this on a low cost budget, have to pay licens to some (area 51?!) alien related patent keeper, resulting in putting money ahead of quality, as often seen. I just would hate to have half a worm and half a hole, none of them working.... and WCC (the Wormhole Construction Company) gone bankrupt, then unable to get the hole (and) worm fixed.

Somewhat of a reference to the debate about the question of whether one wants to be immortal.
    You could say so. As for me, I dont care as long as I dont has to wait too long to be immortal!