Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 4000 Foot Hole in Christchurch Airport discussion

Quote Originally Posted by T.Dooley View Post
    What I'm worried about is that private construction contractors building this on a low cost budget, have to pay licens to some (area 51?!) alien related patent keeper, resulting in putting money ahead of quality, as often seen. I just would hate to have half a worm and half a hole, none of them working.... and WCC (the Wormhole Construction Company) gone bankrupt, then unable to get the hole (and) worm fixed.
    I suppose that's the reason we have stimulus packages to begin with in the event all else fails. Besides, I don't think raising enough money will be a problem. If I know the human race well enough and how relatively impatient it is, cutting down an 18-hour flight from the U.S. west coast to Australia to just a few seconds would be a major relief and a big sell at the same time.

You could say so. As for me, I dont care as long as I dont has to wait too long to be immortal!
    No argument there. I'm getting old and tired enough as it is already.

Quote Originally Posted by avrilismymom View Post
    I suppose that's the reason we have stimulus packages to begin with in the event all else fails. Besides, I don't think raising enough money will be a problem.
    What I meant was that I hoped that the technology, when published, would be sort of 'open source' to the best of mankind. In that way everyone could construct their own wormhole and even enhance it with different colors, stereo and custom paint jobs.

If I know the human race well enough and how relatively impatient it is, cutting down an 18-hour flight from the U.S. west coast to Australia to just a few seconds would be a major relief and a big sell at the same time.
    Agree. If just the destination issue are fixed. I would just hate to plan to go to Antigua and end up in Antarctica

No argument there. I'm getting old and tired enough as it is already.
    Actually I'll second that, and drop my immortality, or take the more light definition; Wittgenstein, in a notably non-theological interpretation of eternal life, writes in the Tractatus that, "If we take eternity to mean not infinite temporal duration but timelessness, then eternal life belongs to those who live in the present."
    Are you uptight, get downloose! Why not try a GE file - Also downloadable at GEC and http://ge.dooley.dk - Tom Kjeldsen

What I meant was that I hoped that the technology, when published, would be sort of 'open source' to the best of mankind. In that way everyone could construct their own wormhole and even enhance it with different colors, stereo and custom paint jobs.
    Not too shabby of an idea. Everyone who could afford to would get one wormhole, presumably from their basement (or backyard maybe or somewhere at their home) to a destination of their choosing. For a small fee, of course, and maybe all one would even have to do is jump in and pop out at the other end a few seconds later. Well, after throwing the luggage through first, of course. As for me, I would connect it from here to Lake Tahoe.

Agree. If just the destination issue are fixed. I would just hate to plan to go to Antigua and end up in Antarctica
    Only if the wormhole was unstable in some way, or built poorly....

Actually I'll second that, and drop my immortality, or take the more light definition; Wittgenstein, in a notably non-theological interpretation of eternal life, writes in the Tractatus that, "If we take eternity to mean not infinite temporal duration but timelessness, then eternal life belongs to those who live in the present."
    This subject, in and of itself, could almost branch off into another discussion completely. That, in addition to the one already in progress, would all be due to a terrain bug in Google Earth.

This subject, in and of itself, could almost branch off into another discussion completely.
    Absolutely !

That, in addition to the one already in progress, would all be due to a terrain bug in Google Earth.
    Oh yes! that was where it all started
    Last edited by T.Dooley; 04-23-2009 at 05:38 PM. Reason: spelling error (missing h i were) where was it ? :-)
    Are you uptight, get downloose! Why not try a GE file - Also downloadable at GEC and http://ge.dooley.dk - Tom Kjeldsen

Now, if only we could really find the actual other end of the wormhole, whether it be on earth, in google sky or google mars....

Now, if only we could really find the actual other end of the wormhole, whether it be on earth, in google sky or google mars....
    No problem . Here it is! Remember to switch to Mars in GE.

Wonder why space organisations have not used this opportunity before? Maybe because the Christchurch runway is a very busy one...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Here it is! Remember to switch to Mars in GE.
    Yep indeed, that could very well indeed be it.

Wonder why space organisations have not used this opportunity before? Maybe because the Christchurch runway is a very busy one...
    Yes indeed, not only with earth-to-earth transportation, but interplanetary travel as well it seems... Although I would have imagined it would have been closer to the "face", but I guess there's a reason for everything, however strange.

Although I would have imagined it would have been closer to the "face", but I guess there's a reason for everything, however strange.
    Actually they're only 1400 kilometers / 870 miles apart, if you mean the Cydonia region of Mars.

A daytrip in a (fast) mars-car, not to mention the possibility of using a local wormhole...

My theory is that this face on Mars must be a Christchurch economy passenger taking a wrong turn during wormhole transport thus hitting hard, a now closed wormhole exit...

Actually they're only 1400 kilometers / 870 miles apart, if you mean the Cydonia region of Mars. A daytrip in a (fast) mars-car, not to mention the possibility of using a local wormhole...
    Yes indeed. And the distance from the portal to the face could even be used as a short rally, like this one, and back, perhaps.

My theory is that this face on Mars must be a Christchurch economy passenger taking a wrong turn during wormhole transport thus hitting hard, a now closed wormhole exit...
    For sure, it's certainly exhibiting the right kind of facial expression, the surprise to know at the last second a wrong turn was made...

Yes indeed. And the distance from the portal to the face could even be used as a short rally, like this one, and back, perhaps.

Gotta hand it to you for coming up with the pictures that you do, and this discussion as a whole just keeps getting better yet. Imagine the whole travel package:

1. Travel from wherever on Earth to Christchurch.
    2. Board a special craft that will enter the wormhole and exit on Mars in a matter of seconds.
    3. Join a group of other tourists/travellers on a rally to the face on Mars.
    4. Tour the pyramids next to the face.
    5. Return to Earth via the Christchurch Wormhole.
    6. Report to Area 51 for debriefing.
    7. Return home.

A two-week deal for a mere $402,203,405,000 or so. Discounts available.

Price it at $402,203,404,999 instead, it makes people feel they are getting a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Appletom View Post
    Price it at $402,203,404,999 instead, it makes people feel they are getting a deal.
    With certain discounts or repeat customership, one might even be able to bargain it down to $402,203,404,998.95 if they're lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Appletom View Post
    With certain discounts or repeat customership, one might even be able to bargain it down to $402,203,404,998.95 if they're lucky.
    Instead of dollar discount, how about a voucher

Default A message from the Area 51 Authority....

Instead of dollar discount, how about a voucher
    Congratulations, you've been hired as the Marketing Strategist for the Christchurch Wormhole Interplanetary Travel Agency (CWITA).

As part of your job's fringe benefits, free travel to anywhere in the solar system.

I wonder how soon, though, we're all going to get a visit from the men in black for discovering the wormhole?