Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 72

Thread: 4000 Foot Hole in Christchurch Airport discussion

  1. #46
    Google Earth Explorer T.Dooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by avrilismymom View Post
    Congratulations, you've been hired as the Marketing Strategist for the Christchurch Wormhole Interplanetary Travel Agency (CWITA).

    As part of your job's fringe benefits, free travel to anywhere in the solar system.
    Does this include relocation assistance; medical prescription, vision and dental plans; health and dependent care flexible spending accounts; retirement benefit plans (pension, 401(k) and/or 403(b)); group-term life and long term care insurance plans; legal assistance plans; adoption assistance; child care benefits; transportation benefits; and possibly other miscellaneous employee discounts e.g. movies and theme park tickets, wellness programs, discounted shopping, hotels and resorts, and so on?

    Quote Originally Posted by avrilismymom View Post
    I wonder how soon, though, we're all going to get a visit from the men in black for discovering the wormhole?
    This is absolutely a possibility and I guess they are not the only ones when this wormhole thing comes to public knowledge. So let's keep a low profile inside this forum

    Last edited by T.Dooley; 05-12-2009 at 05:04 AM.
    Are you uptight, get downloose! Why not try a GE file - Also downloadable at GEC and http://ge.dooley.dk - Tom Kjeldsen


  2. #47
    Member avrilismymom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T.Dooley View Post
    Does this include relocation assistance; medical prescription, vision and dental plans; health and dependent care flexible spending accounts; retirement benefit plans (pension, 401(k) and/or 403(b)); group-term life and long term care insurance plans; legal assistance plans; adoption assistance; child care benefits; transportation benefits; and possibly other miscellaneous employee discounts e.g. movies and theme park tickets, wellness programs, discounted shopping, hotels and resorts, and so on?
    Considering the magnitude involving the government's budget towards the acquisition of alien spacecraft and reverse engineering of such, anything is possible, and I mean, anything, including the above, and more. Funny you should mention hotels and resorts, as a wormhole employee you are entitled to free stays for your immediate family at the Mars Face Hilton of Cydonia and a seven-day pass to DisneyMarsFaceLand, to name just a few of the benefits. Don't forget interplanetary travel insurance, spacecraft insurance, AAA for Outer Space, and so on.

    Quote Originally Posted by T.Dooley View Post
    This is absolutely a possibility and I guess they are not the only ones when this wormhole thing comes to public knowledge. So let's keep a low profile inside this forum
    Well, although getting a visit from Tommy Lee Jones and Wil Smith might be nice, since I'm somewhat of a fan of both of them, I'm not sure I want to get flashy-thinged at this point. But on the other hand, there's always certain parts of my life I certainly wouldn't mind forgetting...

  3. #48
    Google Earth Explorer T.Dooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by avrilismymom View Post
    Considering the magnitude involving the government's budget towards the acquisition of alien spacecraft and reverse engineering of such, anything is possible, and I mean, anything, including the above, and more. Funny you should mention hotels and resorts, as a wormhole employee you are entitled to free stays for your immediate family at the Mars Face Hilton of Cydonia and a seven-day pass to DisneyMarsFaceLand, to name just a few of the benefits. Don't forget interplanetary travel insurance, spacecraft insurance, AAA for Outer Space, and so on.
    Sounds great, and if I on top of that could get the card below with no-limit, I will throw a red hot party on the Mars Face Hilton of Cydonia



    Quote Originally Posted by avrilismymom View Post
    Well, although getting a visit from Tommy Lee Jones and Wil Smith might be nice, since I'm somewhat of a fan of both of them, I'm not sure I want to get flashy-thinged at this point. But on the other hand, there's always certain parts of my life I certainly wouldn't mind forgetting...
    Well I guess we all more or less have parts or experiences we wouldn't mind forgetting...
    And YES; those guy are cool as long as I'm not the hunted, and NO; I too am not ready to get flashy-thinged !
    Are you uptight, get downloose! Why not try a GE file - Also downloadable at GEC and http://ge.dooley.dk - Tom Kjeldsen


  4. #49
    Member avrilismymom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T.Dooley View Post
    Sounds great, and if I on top of that could get the card below with no-limit, I will throw a red hot party on the Mars Face Hilton of Cydonia
    As long as you allow me to strategically place a number of tiki torches on the face of mars, specifically one in each eye, several to make a smiley, and a number of them around the edge, then you can throw all the parties you want. I'm sure the humans on Earth will be mildly surprised when they see the face all lit up through their telescopes.

    Quote Originally Posted by T.Dooley View Post
    Well I guess we all more or less have parts or experiences we wouldn't mind forgetting... And YES; those guy are cool as long as I'm not the hunted, and NO; I too am not ready to get flashy-thinged!
    I'm sure with the amount of money we would be make from the Wormhole Travel Association, we could quite easily afford to budget Tommy and Wil to go out and take care of anyone who shows any hint of dissent.
    Last edited by avrilismymom; 05-13-2009 at 03:52 AM. Reason: Grammatical Error

  5. #50
    Google Earth Explorer T.Dooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by avrilismymom View Post
    As long as you allow me to strategically place a number of tiki torches on the face of mars, specifically one in each eye, several to make a smiley, and a number of them around the edge, then you can throw all the parties you want. I'm sure the humans on Earth will be mildly surprised when they see the face all lit up through their telescopes.
    Be my guest, torches for free. Pick them up in the lobby. Just put them on the Worm-suite, and remember mom said not to play with matches...






















    Are you uptight, get downloose! Why not try a GE file - Also downloadable at GEC and http://ge.dooley.dk - Tom Kjeldsen


  6. #51
    Member avrilismymom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    73

    Default Message #50!

    Quote Originally Posted by T.Dooley View Post
    Be my guest, torches for free. Pick them up in the lobby. Just put them on the Worm-suite, and remember mom said not to play with matches...
    Now this is what I'm talking about:



    I'm sure that'll make the humans flock by the millions to see what the hey is going on in the lovely state of Cydonia. On the other hand, junior may not have been paying attention about what his mom said about playing with matches:



    Message #50 brought to you by the
    Christchurch to Cydonia Spacelines, Inc.™
    Last edited by avrilismymom; 05-13-2009 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Added more Comment

  7. #52
    Google Earth Explorer T.Dooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by avrilismymom View Post
    Gotta hand it to you for coming up with the pictures that you do, and this discussion as a whole just keeps getting better yet. Imagine the whole travel package:

    1. Travel from wherever on Earth to Christchurch.
    2. Board a special craft that will enter the wormhole and exit on Mars in a matter of seconds.
    3. Join a group of other tourists/travellers on a rally to the face on Mars.
    4. Tour the pyramids next to the face.
    5. Return to Earth via the Christchurch Wormhole.
    6. Report to Area 51 for debriefing.
    7. Return home.

    A two-week deal for a mere $402,203,405,000 or so. Discounts available.
    A great draft for a tour package which by all means must beat every adventure travel currently available on earth.

    Day 1. Travel from wherever on Earth to Christchurch.
    Our local office will guide you to the nearest airport (without a wormhole) and put you on a ordinary flight to Christchurch. On the flight snacks will be free and a special "Mars Smoothie" (included) will be served at your will. In our attempt to land we will avoid the wormhole runway, which could immediately beam us further on, and thus make it impossible for you to sightsee Christchurch, The Garden City of New Zealand.

    Day 2. Board a special craft that will enter the wormhole and exit on Mars in a matter of seconds.
    Prepare you on an adventure when you experience our new transportation technologies. Put yourself in the soft seats and fasten the worm belt. Few seconds later we arrive to our destination. Since we do not want that you get something wrong in your throat because of the short trip, we do not serve any refreshments on the journey. Instead we are concentrating on hitting the right wormhole exit...

    Day 3. Join a group of other tourists/travellers on a rally to the face on Mars.
    After mars arrival and luggage checkout, your local mars man (guide) will serve a refreshment in the mars bar... You most likely wont have a clue of what he is saying, but he is a very nice guide and will try to help you no matter what questions you may have. What you have to know is that you soon will be put in a rally car with MPS (Mars Positioning System) and for youself have to rally from the current wormhole exit to the Cydonia region of Mars. If you by any chance get lost please make a U turn when possible!
    When you arrive you will get your booked suite at the 8'th star hotel "Mars Face Hilton of Cydonia"

    Day 4. Tour the pyramids next to the face.
    After visiting the "Face" and placing the traditional tiki torch (to fool people back on earth) we will visit the nearby mars pyramids. Said to be evidence of a long-lost Martian civilization along with other features they are told it could be a part of a ruined city.

    Day 5. Return to Earth via the Christchurch Wormhole.
    Get back; take the relaxing tour back over the red planet in your own rally car. Enjoy the sunset over mars as you cruise along route 77, the major cruise road of mars. Enter our wormhole transportation exit and in moments your are back on earth at our Christchurch earth arrival center.

    Day 6. Report to Area 51 for debriefing.
    You must be jokeing if you imagine to take a trip like this and not getting noticed!! Aeey!? what planet are you from? or arrived from? Mars, yeahh!! Come up with something better... Of course various 'services' and/or 'bureau's' may like to get a few answers of your whereabouts... Well as long as you did'nt took the rally turn to Mars Vegas on the way back, you have nothing to fear.

    Day 7. Return home.
    Back in your own bed you can look back on the most furious week in your life up till now. Take it easy for while, and dont forget to checkup on our ever renewing offers to give you the next travel of your life!
    Are you uptight, get downloose! Why not try a GE file - Also downloadable at GEC and http://ge.dooley.dk - Tom Kjeldsen


  8. #53
    Member avrilismymom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T.Dooley View Post
    A great draft for a tour package which by all means must beat every adventure travel currently available on earth.
    Good work, grasshopper! That's why you've been hired as Marketing Strategist. Please expect a substantial payraise and new benefits package with your next paycheck.

    Quote Originally Posted by T.Dooley View Post
    On the flight snacks will be free and a special "Mars Smoothie" (included) will be served at your will.
    Two points real quick on this one:

    1. On the way to the wormhole, I suggest the flight stops here on the way to Christchurch to provide one and all with their complimentary snack and drink.

    2. Perhaps for the smoothie we could blend this with that to help our passengers have a smooth 10-second flight through the Earth-Mars wormhole.

    Quote Originally Posted by T.Dooley View Post
    Prepare you on an adventure when you experience our new transportation technologies. Put yourself in the soft seats and fasten the worm belt.


    Quote Originally Posted by T.Dooley View Post
    When you arrive you will get your booked suite at the 8'th star hotel "Mars Face Hilton of Cydonia"
    Is a New York City-style hotel adequate to host interplanetary travellers?

    Last edited by avrilismymom; 05-15-2009 at 03:56 AM. Reason: Link of a questionable nature; added comments

  9. #54
    Google Earth Explorer T.Dooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by avrilismymom View Post
    1. On the way to the wormhole, I suggest the flight stops here on the way to Christchurch to provide one and all with their complimentary snack and drink.
    Great idea and very interresting due to the fact that this fine place is only 584,7 kilometers / 363,31 miles away from area 51. Consider the idea of a dual wormhole trip; from Mars bar & restaurant to area 51 to Christchurch, one day of sightseeing and then wormhole trip two to planet Mars. Or as the add could be; "from Mars to Mars, in rally cars".

    Quote Originally Posted by avrilismymom View Post
    2. Perhaps for the smoothie we could blend this with that to help our passengers have a smooth 10-second flight through the Earth-Mars wormhole.
    A Starburst Mars Bar smoothie!!! Great idea!! Fits the concept completely!

    Quote Originally Posted by avrilismymom View Post
    Is a New York City-style hotel adequate to host interplanetary travellers?
    Well, I must admit that I had probably imagined something more like this (to justify the $400 billion travel ticket...):

    Last edited by T.Dooley; 05-15-2009 at 05:48 PM. Reason: spelling error corrected
    Are you uptight, get downloose! Why not try a GE file - Also downloadable at GEC and http://ge.dooley.dk - Tom Kjeldsen


  10. #55
    Member avrilismymom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T.Dooley View Post
    Great idea and very interresting due to the fact that this fine place is only 584,7 kilometers / 363,31 miles away from area 51. Consider the idea of a dual wormhole trip; from Mars bar & restaurant to area 51 to Christchurch, one day of sightseeing and then wormhole trip two to planet Mars. Or as the add could be; "from Mars to Mars, in rally cars".
    Couldn't be a more perfect idea. For those who opt to do so, they can stop at Area 51 for a tour, fly/rally to SF for the Mars Bar, fly/boat race across the Pacific to NZ for the wormhole, then on to Mars in a mere 10 seconds! (Quite curiously, 363 miles is about the distance from L.A. to Las Vegas so a rally seems like an extraordinarily good idea. ) (Or the other way around between SF and Area 51 as you suggested. )

    Quote Originally Posted by T.Dooley View Post
    A Starburst Mars Bar smoothie!!! Great idea!! Fits the concept completely!
    Imagine the number of flavors, or combination of flavors possible, and even to add a dash of alcohol for all the grown-up humans 21 Earth years (or whatever the law says in the local jurisdiction) old!

    Quote Originally Posted by T.Dooley View Post
    Well, I must admit that I had probably imagined something more like this (to justify the $400 billion travel ticket...):
    Yeah, you're right. We gotta make it worth it for the customers, aka any company's philosophy = "customer leaves happy." So, given your last post and this one, would this seem like a good plan:

    1. Fly from home to Area 51
    2. Car rally to Mars Bar in San Francisco

    (Option of switching #1 and #2 to include your idea)

    3. Boat Rally or Fly to Christchurch and board the spacecraft
    4. After the 10-second flight to Mars, disembark and begin Mars-car rally to Mars Face Hilton of Cydonia
    5. Tour Pyramids
    6. Return to Earth and debrief (if necessary) at Area 51
    7. Go home and tell friends/kids/grandkids the story of a lifetime (hopefully you took pictures)

    If that's what it comes down to, all we need to do is come up with a brochure and send out to as many travel agencies as possible.

  11. #56
    Google Earth Explorer T.Dooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by avrilismymom View Post
    ...(Quite curiously, 363 miles is about the distance from L.A. to Las Vegas so a rally seems like an extraordinarily good idea. )...
    This cant be a coincidence.. Beside investigations that must be conducted, this could be used as a Vegas trip addition on the SF Mars - Area 51 touring.

    Quote Originally Posted by avrilismymom View Post
    Imagine the number of flavors, or combination of flavors possible, and even to add a dash of alcohol for all the grown-up humans 21 Earth years (or whatever the law says in the local jurisdiction) old!
    Being above any jurisdiction, regarding this, I'm looking forward to a Tequila Mars-rise!

    Quote Originally Posted by avrilismymom View Post
    Yeah, you're right. We gotta make it worth it for the customers, aka any company's philosophy = "customer leaves happy." So, given your last post and this one, would this seem like a good plan:

    1. Fly from home to Area 51
    2. Car rally to Mars Bar in San Francisco

    (Option of switching #1 and #2 to include your idea)

    3. Boat Rally or Fly to Christchurch and board the spacecraft
    4. After the 10-second flight to Mars, disembark and begin Mars-car rally to Mars Face Hilton of Cydonia
    5. Tour Pyramids
    6. Return to Earth and debrief (if necessary) at Area 51
    7. Go home and tell friends/kids/grandkids the story of a lifetime (hopefully you took pictures)

    If that's what it comes down to, all we need to do is come up with a brochure and send out to as many travel agencies as possible.
    Your are the natural born guide of this tour! This is a very nice tour layout.
    Are you uptight, get downloose! Why not try a GE file - Also downloadable at GEC and http://ge.dooley.dk - Tom Kjeldsen


  12. #57
    Member avrilismymom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T.Dooley View Post
    This cant be a coincidence.. Beside investigations that must be conducted, this could be used as a Vegas trip addition on the SF Mars - Area 51 touring.
    I've had an idea occur to me in the last few days, an obvious one -- a Las Vegas on Mars, with a number of themed hotels such as the NYC hotel I suggested and the ultra-high-tech one you suggested, to say the least, and of course, a hotel in the shape of the Mars Face itself...

    Quote Originally Posted by T.Dooley View Post
    Being above any jurisdiction, regarding this, I'm looking forward to a Tequila Mars-rise!
    You know, you're right, Mars is a completely different planet, so a new set of laws is free to be made. Considering a year on mars is 687 earth-days long, let's do some math here real quick:

    -> Legal drinking age in Las Vegas, Earth = 21 earth years * 365 days = 7665 days

    -> Legal drinking age in Las Vegas, Cydonia = 7665 days / 687 earth days per mars year = 11.15 years on mars?

    Quote Originally Posted by T.Dooley View Post
    Your are the natural born guide of this tour! This is a very nice tour layout.
    Just contributing to an ongoing idea... it's a work in progress.

  13. #58
    Google Earth Explorer T.Dooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by avrilismymom View Post
    I've had an idea occur to me in the last few days, an obvious one -- a Las Vegas on Mars, with a number of themed hotels such as the NYC hotel I suggested and the ultra-high-tech one you suggested, to say the least, and of course, a hotel in the shape of the Mars Face itself...
    This is so obvious! The next "City of Lights" of course including "old style" New York hotels and the more "multi star ultra-high-tech" ones not to mention the Mars pyramid hotel inspired by this

    Quote Originally Posted by avrilismymom View Post
    You know, you're right, Mars is a completely different planet, so a new set of laws is free to be made. Considering a year on mars is 687 earth-days long, let's do some math here real quick:
    -> Legal drinking age in Las Vegas, Earth = 21 earth years * 365 days = 7665 days
    -> Legal drinking age in Las Vegas, Cydonia = 7665 days / 687 earth days per mars year = 11.15 years on mars?
    Although the 2 ages were put together, I would still legally be able to enjoy my Mars smoothie with an appropriate splash of alcohol. I would on the other hand be slightly worried if Earth kids 11 years of age were admitted to enjoy this kind of variations of the Mars smoothies.

    Quote Originally Posted by avrilismymom View Post
    Just contributing to an ongoing idea... it's a work in progress.
    And doing well, this is a very constructive (and a bit far out) thread putting a nice perspective on... Here I could list 32 earth worldwide reasons for having a good laugh, but I wont. Do it youself, Laugh and List!
    Are you uptight, get downloose! Why not try a GE file - Also downloadable at GEC and http://ge.dooley.dk - Tom Kjeldsen


  14. #59
    Member avrilismymom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T.Dooley View Post
    not to mention the Mars pyramid hotel inspired by this
    And if arranged in just the right way, it (or a number of these) could be used to advertise the resort to the rest of the solar system and beyond.

    Quote Originally Posted by T.Dooley View Post
    Although the 2 ages were put together, I would still legally be able to enjoy my Mars smoothie with an appropriate splash of alcohol. I would on the other hand be slightly worried if Earth kids 11 years of age were admitted to enjoy this kind of variations of the Mars smoothies.
    I would tend to agree.

    Quote Originally Posted by T.Dooley View Post
    And doing well, this is a very constructive (and a bit far out) thread putting a nice perspective on...
    Yes indeed.

  15. #60
    Member avrilismymom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    73

    Default Mystery Solved

    So I take it from the other thread that Bill Gates is responsible for this wormhole? I guess that solves the mystery.

    "This wormhole brought to you by the Microsoft Corporation"
    "Compatible only with Wormhole XP/Wormhole Vista OS's"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •