Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 4000 Foot Hole in Christchurch Airport discussion

Now I'm scared to fly through this wormhole..considering the high crash rate of my windows machine..
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderX22 View Post
    Now I'm scared to fly through this wormhole..considering the high crash rate of my windows machine..
    Now that's scary. Just imagine getting a blue screen of death on the way to a vacation in Las Vegas Cydonia that you've been planning for months...

I guess now that Bill Gates has conquered the Earth with his software, maybe he's looking to expand out to the solar system...

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderX22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by avrilismymom View Post
    Now that's scary. Just imagine getting a blue screen of death on the way to a vacation in Las Vegas Cydonia that you've been planning for months...

I guess now that Bill Gates has conquered the Earth with his software, maybe he's looking to expand out to the solar system...

Dont worry, be lucky!

I just hope that Bill dont have to use as many years out in space as on earth, to make a stable system. When that is said the wormhole most likely wont work without software and software always has errors, some never occur and some have fatal consequences. Before we put the first tours for sale we must conduct a lot of tests. This involve sending a bunch of worms through the wormhole and checking that they make it out there and back. Should there by accident be minor errors like splitting of bodies and likewise, no animal will be hurt (very much) since it's wellknown that most worms survive being split in two.

Last edited by T.Dooley; 05-28-2009 at 08:45 PM. Reason: clarifying, hopefully and added BSOD
    Are you uptight, get downloose! Why not try a GE file - Also downloadable at GEC and http://ge.dooley.dk - Tom Kjeldsen

Quote Originally Posted by T.Dooley View Post
    Before we put the first tours for sale we must conduct a lot of tests.
    I agree, and I think that good ol' Billy Gates (or whoever runs MS these days as I heard he retired from it) is on the right track by test-releasing Windows 7 (the next version after Vista) before it gets released for real.

This involve sending a bunch of worms through the wormhole and checking that they make it out there and back. Should there by accident be minor errors like splitting of bodies and likewise, no animal will be hurt (very much) since it's wellknown that most worms survive being split in two.
    True, both in real life and in the movie MiB II as well.

I would conclude from this thread thus far that Bill Gates works/has worked at Area 51 and invented the Christchurch Wormhole as a means of shortening the travel time to his home planet or wherever else in this universe.

I agree, and I think that good ol' Billy Gates (or whoever runs MS these days as I heard he retired from it) is on the right track by test-releasing Windows 7 (the next version after Vista) before it gets released for real.
    Yes, Billy Boy is retired and Steve Ballmer has been in charge for the last couple of years. Not the nerd type but indeed a very colorful personality...
    And Yes, for what I have heard W7 should be okay. Personally I feel fine running the now old XP, which in my opinon, was a great shift from the old DOS / Windows 95, 98 to Windows NT and then XP, a very stable and reliable system. I have for a few months tried Vista and against the general opinion I actually thinks it's okay. No Blue Screen Of Death, everything works as designed.

For a wormhole transport capsule I might prefer a AP-101. Though the chip in your watch is likely to exceed the capacity of it, the stability exceeds most computers in this world.

I would conclude from this thread thus far that Bill Gates works/has worked at Area 51 and invented the Christchurch Wormhole as a means of shortening the travel time to his home planet or wherever else in this universe.
    This must be a fact since I seen many glitches in graphical computer programs over the years, and a major part of them was supported by Mr. Gates. Apparently Windows and Microsoft was only a job after a days work at area 51. That explains why he often were said to work at night.
    Are you uptight, get downloose! Why not try a GE file - Also downloadable at GEC and http://ge.dooley.dk - Tom Kjeldsen

Personally I feel fine running the now old XP, which in my opinon, was a great shift from the old DOS / Windows 95, 98 to Windows NT and then XP, a very stable and reliable system.
    I agree. I think XP was a good improvement over 95/98. I recall in the early 90's when 3.1 came on six floppies and had a 16 color display...

For a wormhole transport capsule I might prefer a AP-101. Though the chip in your watch is likely to exceed the capacity of it, the stability exceeds most computers in this world.
    When you put your life in the hands of a computer, I would prefer stability as well...

This must be a fact since I seen many glitches in graphical computer programs over the years, and a major part of them was supported by Mr. Gates. Apparently Windows and Microsoft was only a job after a days work at area 51. That explains why he often were said to work at night.
    I think this is where they would say (to Billy), "Don't quit your day job..."

I recall in the early 90's when 3.1 came on six floppies and had a 16 color display...
    Oh yeah, those were the days, not to mention the, more than 50, 1.44 MB disks of windows 95/98 and hours spent re-installing and optimizing the 640 kilobytes (0.6 KB, 0.0006 MB) memory.

Not many would have imagined that there was an area 51 version of the software; "the wormhole edition - Install at your own risk. Dont do this at home!"

I think this is where they would say (to Billy), "Don't quit your day job..."
    Agree, but I wish I had put a few bucks of my hard-earned paperboy salary in Billy's night activities (Microsoft shares) back in the start 80'ties

Oh yeah, those were the days, not to mention the, more than 50, 1.44 MB disks of windows 95/98 and hours spent re-installing and optimizing the 640 kilobytes (0.6 KB, 0.0006 MB) memory.
    Are you serious about the 50 floppies??? What was Bill thinking? Other than maybe "I don't care how you install it, or how insanely frustrated you get, or how much hair you rip out doing it, as long as you're running my software on your computer" and he laughs all the way to the bank on whatever planet. I guess if it's true I don't recall that part of the 90's. Well, considering what I was doing at the time anyway, but that's another story meant for another thread in a galaxy far, far away.

Not many would have imagined that there was an area 51 version of the software; "the wormhole edition - Install at your own risk. Dont do this at home!"
    More like "Don't try this at home - try it at your friend's house first, see if it crashes their computer before installing it on yours. Observe their facial expression the first time they get a BSoD." That's the secret warning for Area 51 employees.

Agree, but I wish I had put a few bucks of my hard-earned paperboy salary in Billy's night activities (Microsoft shares) back in the start 80'ties
    Agreed.... I want my share of that $90 billion or what's left of it after the NYSE started nose diving like it did. I kinda feel sorry for that guy that sold the computer system to him for $50k back in the 70's I think?

Are you serious about the 50 floppies??? What was Bill thinking?
    Actually windows 95 used 15 floppies and windows 98 used 59 floppies! It seems to vary a few floppies due to which flavour of the system used. This was in the early days with 2 speed CD-roms just beginning to come on sale. Imagine starting installation and getting a floppy disk error on disk 38! I dont have to imagine, I've tried it a couple of times. Thanks god that the CD became the standard for installing a few years later.

More like "Don't try this at home - try it at your friend's house first, see if it crashes their computer before installing it on yours. Observe their facial expression the first time they get a BSoD." That's the secret warning for Area 51 employees.
    Agree, "Don't try this at home". What I fear if this edition for installing wormholes ever has been or will be installed outside area 51 (of course apart from Christchurch), you will see thousands of half completed wormhole installations, which could be a danger to the public. Not to mention that a wormhole installation without the proper updates are exposed to all kind of viruses and malware, like Trojan horses and... worms!

I kinda feel sorry for that guy that sold the computer system to him for $50k back in the 70's I think?
    MS-DOS was based on QDOS, the "Quick and Dirty Operating System" written by Tim Paterson. Gates bought the rights to QDOS for $50,000 and then made a big deal with IBM. And the rest is history. Allmost. Later that year (1981) Tim Paterson actually joined Microsoft, so I guess (and hope) that Tim has had his part of MS shares.
    Last edited by T.Dooley; 05-31-2009 at 08:30 AM. Reason: spelling error corrected

Thanks god that the CD became the standard for installing a few years later.
    Yes indeed, gratefulness many times over for the invention of the CD, and I'm sure later in the future the DVD with a 4.7GB capacity, which I'm sure MS will need for later versions of Windows.

I've been a rabid player of MS flight simulator since '91 when it came out on a single 5¼" floppy (and a CGA display), and with version 5.0 in '97 that came out on two 3½" floppies, and now FS2004 comes out on four CDs! (Which could have fit all on to on DVD if they'd thought about it )

Agree, "Don't try this at home". What I fear if this edition for installing wormholes ever has been or will be installed outside area 51 (of course apart from Christchurch), you will see thousands of half completed wormhole installations, which could be a danger to the public. Not to mention that a wormhole installation without the proper updates are exposed to all kind of viruses and malware, like Trojan horses and... worms!
    I would hope for Earth's sake that the EULA would be quite strict, and it would be quite lengthy at that. People wishing to buy the MS Windows Wormhole Edition would be screened and interviewed very carefully...

MS-DOS was based on QDOS, the "Quick and Dirty Operating System" written by Tim Paterson. Gates bought the rights to QDOS for $50,000 and then made a big deal with IBM. And the rest is history. Allmost. Later that year (1981) Tim Paterson actually joined Microsoft, so I guess (and hope) that Tim has had his part of MS shares.
    Hoping that Tim Paterson has 20/20 hindsight...

Yes indeed, gratefulness many times over for the invention of the CD, and I'm sure later in the future the DVD with a 4.7GB capacity, which I'm sure MS will need for later versions of Windows.

I've been a rabid player of MS flight simulator since '91 when it came out on a single 5¼" floppy (and a CGA display), and with version 5.0 in '97 that came out on two 3½" floppies, and now FS2004 comes out on four CDs! (Which could have fit all on to on DVD if they'd thought about it )
    Are you aware of the wormhole flight sim? The first MS flight simulator on DVD and unlimited wormhole flight. Made by Bill during the area 51 years...

I would hope for Earth's sake that the EULA would be quite strict, and it would be quite lengthy at that. People wishing to buy the MS Windows Wormhole Edition would be screened and interviewed very carefully...
    The EULA is so long that the one guy who once tried to activate this system did end up at a mental institution after reading the first 2221 pages. Actually a loop was put in the EULA on page 2222 pointing back to page 22 (afterwards known as catch 22) resulting in that you never in the first releases of the system would end up with a 'OK to continue' button...

Hoping that Tim Paterson has 20/20 hindsight...
    Apparently to public sources he managed to earn enough to start all over again and afford racing rally cars. I guess we all, if I get the term right, experience 20/20 hindsight from time to time. Did anyone predict that this single placemark from SpiderX22 would spawn a rather long series of comments regarding wormholes and some other subjects... I did'nt! I don't regret anything in this thread, but I must say there may be actions or decisions in my life when looked at by the clear light of the 20/20 hindsight I would like to do different. Not many but a few... Guess thats part of living

Are you aware of the wormhole flight sim? The first MS flight simulator on DVD and unlimited wormhole flight. Made by Bill during the area 51 years...
    I signed a confidentiality clause with a certain company at a certain place that's run by a certain person that prevents me from discussing potential possession of such software. For this I apologize.

The EULA is so long that the one guy who once tried to activate this system did end up at a mental institution after reading the first 2221 pages. Actually a loop was put in the EULA on page 2222 pointing back to page 22 (afterwards known as catch 22) resulting in that you never in the first releases of the system would end up with a 'OK to continue' button...
    Page 2222? Wouldn't that really entail two Catch 22's? Speaking of this, maybe we could use that as the codename for the "Microsoft Wormhole XP/Vista/Whatever at Christchurch"? In addition to the guy you know about, I know of this one woman, a former Area 51 employee, who wound up here after making it only to page 1024...

Apparently to public sources he managed to earn enough to start all over again and afford racing rally cars.
    Racing rally cars? That having been mentioned earlier in the thread, doesn't it seem amazing that everything's coming back around full circle to the wormhole/subject of? I think we should offer him a free trip to attend the Cydonia Rally 2010...

I guess we all, if I get the term right, experience 20/20 hindsight from time to time. Did anyone predict that this single placemark from SpiderX22 would spawn a rather long series of comments regarding wormholes and some other subjects... I did'nt! I don't regret anything in this thread, but I must say there may be actions or decisions in my life when looked at by the clear light of the 20/20 hindsight I would like to do different. Not many but a few... Guess thats part of living
    Quite correct, I don't think anyone could have seen this coming. KUDOS to SpiderX22 for the discovery of the wormhole and its connection to Bill Gates and Area 51. I think I'd seriously die laughing if this made the news: "This just in. A mysterious wormhole was recently discovered here on Earth thanks to the website Google Earth Hacks. It has been connected to the Microsoft Corporation and developed specifically by Billy Gates during his tenure at Area 51 in Nevada. Neither MS or BG could be reached for comment and security has been put on extremely high alert to control the crowds clamoring to gaze upon the portal to other dimensions. All world leaders are taking to the airwaves to calm fears of an alien invasion."

Here's a little math for you:

One CD = 700MB = 1,945 5¼" Floppies = 7,780 Floppies for MS Flight Simulator 2004

Just imagine if Billy Gates had the cruel sense of humor to play a joke like that on us.
    Last edited by avrilismymom; 06-03-2009 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Added a few links; added more comments; added math puzzle