Thread: California bill to blur GE

Default California bill to blur GE

This bill is wanting to limit what you can see in GE in California. Read more here.

I'm sorry, but do you think I should actually waste my time worrying about this? For crying out loud - in the recent past, the Constitution has been all but shredded, and you're worried about some dip**** politician who's lobbying to get 3-year-old data blurred out? Really?
    I have an existential map; it has 'you are here' written all over it.

Still a great link. Funniest thing I've ever read. =D
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾Ľ̃̾)۶

I never said i was worried about it. Just thought it was interesting. could care less, just thought other people might like to read about it.

Er.. to make the bloody matter worse, I for one, who you good readers will come to know as having an opinion on everything, (right or wrong), think the guy is daft!

If the bill passes it is not 3 year or 3 month old data we have to worry about but the future updates we receive.

He is daft because world established institutions aren't going to up and change their location just because they were once spotted on a satellite image. This is what they would have to do if his bill passes to remain "safe".

If I were a terrorist and had been planning for months or years to bomb building X, and suddenly my new map was blanked out I wouldn't worry. I would still have the old pictures and that is more than enough information to plan how to get to my destination.

Of course, this daft fellow really thinks that terrorist use Google Earth only and don't do any scouting in real time of 'building X' before they go on the attack.

If I wanted to terrorize someone but I didn't have a map or the only map I had was blacked out, I would simply do my homework and investigate the place personally, talk to the people who lived in the area and such to gather the needed intelligence.

This daft fellow needs to understand the only way his idea would really work is to have a media blackout for at least 25 years giving the institutions in question time to relocate and rebuild. Not to mention burning all the copies of images around the world that we have today. I'd like to see him pull that off. Everyone say it with me now: " World Fascist Dictator"

Nope.. the only people he is hurting here is Us users who like to see all the pretty pictures.

If he thinks people are that stupid I wonder how he ever got elected to public office. In fact, by virtue of the fact that he is daft and as such not fit to be in public office, the weight of this argument alone should be enough to have him removed from his post.

In fact, I think I'm just the right guy for the job.

"Joel Anderson I'm coming for you!" John Phoenix says in his most Rambo like voice.

Long Live the Republic!
    Last edited by JohnPhoenix; 04-15-2009 at 05:33 AM.