Thread: Command line parameters?

Default Command line parameters?

Is it possible to add parameters to the shortcut that starts GE please? For example, to bring it up at a specific position and size?

I know I can specify Maximized, Minimized or Normal in the shortcut's properties. But I'm wondering if further customisation is possible?

--
    Terry, East Grinstead, UK

I'm sure there is a more elegant way, some file in the C:\ProgramFiles\Google folder you could hack, but View --> Make this my start location works really well.

This places a file named "Starting Location" in your My Places folder. Delete the file and you are back to the Google Earth default. You can also turn the file's icon visibility off so you don't have an ugly thumbtack in the middle of the world every time you open Google Earth.

Thanks, that seems to be like the Default feature in this version (4.3.7284.3916).

There's no resultant 'Starting Location' entry in My Places here after using View > Make this my start location. But it's easy enough to get back to my original default, using either the tool you've suggested or just navigating back to my preferred location, r-clicking Default and choosing Snapshot view

BTW, why is the icon for Default not on the list, and seems invisible (despite having 100% opacity)?

Back on my original query, do you think some way of specifying the size of the GE window in advance of opening it?

--
    Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Quote Originally Posted by terrypin View Post

BTW, why is the icon for Default not on the list, and seems invisible (despite having 100% opacity)?

Back on my original query, do you think some way of specifying the size of the GE window in advance of opening it?
    Because your current selected icon is "no icon". You can see that by looking in the top right corner of your image...there is no icon selected. Click that box, choose an icon, and you'll see it.

I'm not sure how to do that one, but GE will remember what size you closed it at, so if you leave it tiny when you close it, when you reopen it it'll take that size.
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾Ľ̃̾)۶