Thread: Street View - Exit Photo bug?

Default Street View - Exit Photo bug?

In my GE settings I have View > Show Navigation > Never. This presumably doesn't apply to Street View, which always shows a few unobtrusive items in the top right corner, including the camera icon, the name of the photo, 'Exit photo', and below these a set of 4 arrows for navigation. (BTW, can even these be switched off?)

However, none of them work. I can navigate by other more familiar methods, so the only one that matters to me is the Exit Photo button, to quickly leave Street View. The only way I can get this (and the others) to work is by setting View > Show Navigation > Always, when it becomes operative again.

Anyone able to confirm this behaviour please? Is it a bug?

--
    Terry, East Grinstead, UK

I just tried this out in Oxford (couldn't quite get to the Turf, sadly), and the Exit Photo button worked fine, both with the navigation controls set to Never and Automatic.
    I have an existential map; it has 'you are here' written all over it.

Thanks. Are you using version 5? I'm still with Google Earth PIus 4.3.7284.3916, partly because I'd heard of various quirks with the latest, partly because I don't have time for underwater touring yet, but mainly because I use a lot of macros (courtesy Macro Express Pro) which would need changing radically.

--
    Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Using the latest version (5). Wanted to go for a swim.

--
    Terry, Massachusetts, US (really)
    I have an existential map; it has 'you are here' written all over it.

I tried what you described with the navigation tools. I set show navigation to 'never', but I can still use the tools in street view. A quicker way to 'exit photo' is to uncheck the street view button in the Layers panel.