Thread: Opening StreetView in GE via GE Placemark

Default Opening StreetView in GE via GE Placemark

Is there a way to make a GE placemark that when opened/double clicked/has a link in it flies you into a specific view in StreetView (the one within Google Earth, not in Google Maps)?
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾Ľ̃̾)۶

When I want to placemark a street view location, I make sure the street view button is checked in the Layers panel, go to the location desired either by typing it in in the 'fly to' box or I might already have a placemark in my 'places' panel, in which case I double click the placemark name.

When I get to the street view location, I double click the 'bubble', go in, orient the photo to what it is I want to see, click 'exit photo', then click the thumb tack and type in a placemark name for the location. This way, when you want to go to that location, double click the name you gave it and it will fly to the selected bubble, then when you double click it, the view will be oriented like you want it.

I also created a folder in my 'places' panel titled 'Street View' and put all my street view locations in there.

Quote Originally Posted by revO emaG View Post
    When I want to placemark a street view location, I make sure the street view button is checked in the Layers panel, go to the location desired either by typing it in in the 'fly to' box or I might already have a placemark in my 'places' panel, in which case I double click the placemark name.

When I get to the street view location, I double click the 'bubble', go in, orient the photo to what it is I want to see, click 'exit photo', then click the thumb tack and type in a placemark name for the location. This way, when you want to go to that location, double click the name you gave it and it will fly to the selected bubble, then when you double click it, the view will be oriented like you want it.

I also created a folder in my 'places' panel titled 'Street View' and put all my street view locations in there.

Woah, that works really well. Till now I was putting placemarks with no icons over the streetview icon to indicate the correct one, and then had a link to the Google Maps image. This works so much better though!!
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾Ľ̃̾)۶