Thread: Alien Fingerprint - Tampa discussion

Hybrid View

Super Moderator

Default Alien Fingerprint - Tampa discussion

This is a discussion thread for the following file:

Alien Fingerprint - Tampa

Mysterious green lighting in the water looks like a massive fingerprint or alien sign in Tampa bay.

Super Moderator

I think it's more natural. I think it's algaes or something like that. But interesting anyway.

In GM it looks so.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by sladys View Post
    I think it's more natural. I think it's algaes or something like that. But interesting anyway.

I think you're right. Might be a sandbar as well. It's been there since at least 1994.. I looked through the timeslider imagery, as seen below, and it's been there since 1994 at the earliest (possibly earlier, but the imagery only goes back 14 years).

The reason this in particular caught my eyes is the extreme green and blue shading, and what looks like a rainbow outline (look at image 5 below, it's circled). I've seen these spots before, but can't remember what they are or what those spots are called.

Edit: looking at the images gave me an idea: elevation. The water in and around the object is about 12 feet deep, but on the object itself the water depth is about 8 to 5 feet deep, with the northwest "arm" being just 3 to 1 feet deep. This makes me think it's a sandbank/sandbar with strange color shading.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾Ľ̃̾)۶

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderX22 View Post
    The reason this in particular caught my eyes is the extreme green and blue shading, and what looks like a rainbow outline (look at image 5 below, it's circled). I've seen these spots before, but can't remember what they are or what those spots are called.
    Looks like an oil spill, just like oil on a wet road.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/light13.htm

I would say it's plankton that has a bio-luminescent glow, you can see them a lot at night out in the ocean.